Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

The Pistonheads forum are getting together for an east of england fish & chip run.

the date is 5th April. The idea is for lots of nice cars to take a nice leisurely drive (!!) to Aldeburgh (suffolk) for a nice bag of fish and chips by the sea!

My Esprit lot are going, but due to the fact that mine is still pretty well f***ed at the moment, i am going to go in the S5, anyone else fance a drive?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Would love to pop along, unfortunately I'm still away.

Have a good time, take some pics :)

Think Deano will be attending the Santa Pod meet so will be be unavailble.

Doubledoom maybe interested if he's not busy, give you a chance to check out his mods too :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its the same day as santa pod I'm afraid.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
DD, are you planning to come along to the Pod? For some reason I have in mind that you mentioned it but you haven't officially raised your hand yet?

S5ways, why not cut over to Santa Pod where the real action will be? I'm sure we could even organise F & C for you? I've never seen a Sprint Blue in the flesh and it would certainly brighten things up a bit.......

·
Registered
821 Posts
Dam.... I didn't realise it was Santa Pod day :yikes:

Thanks for the Invite Simon, but i'm Off for the A5oC Meet :drummer:

Please give us a shout for the next One..........

You should come to Santa Pod, We can have a Cruise on the way up there, Me and a couple of others will have the Vag Com Cables to do some alterations (I still not done the Free Memory seats, Tilting Mirror or the Full Voice Commands, so will be doing them on my Car on the Day) it's going to be a great day !!!

You Coming Dave ?? It would be great to meet up on the way down again..... Oo Oo and You owe me a Breakfast :1076:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
DD, are you planning to come along to the Pod?
Yes. I just havent decided yet whether I am going to take a run in the car or not or just watch. Although my wife says if I don't do it she will. I'm not good at standing starts under pressure. Thats why I havent formally said yes on the thread.

You Coming Dave ?? It would be great to meet up on the way down again..... Oo Oo and You owe me a Breakfast
I'm good with that but I was thinking about going down the day before as its an early start otherwise.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes. I just havent decided yet whether I am going to take a run in the car or not or just watch. Although my wife says if I don't do it she will. I'm not good at standing starts under pressure. Thats why I havent formally said yes on the thread.
I'm Crap under pressure aswell m8... It's only for fun though, that's what i keep telling myself... And when i stall it, i'll hopefully be ready for the torrent of abuse from Joe :ninja2:

I'm good with that but I was thinking about going down the day before as its an early start otherwise.
Hmmmmmm..... I'll have to check on that m8... I think Jo is working !!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yes. I am certainly coming and will probably go for it and kill my clutch so you all can laugh.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have a great time at Santa Pod guys!! I wish i had leaned of the event earlier:thumbsdown: Still i guess you will be doing the same next year? if so i will be there! Don't worry about the pressure guys - you will have a whale of a time and all you have to do is rev the nuts of your motor and then dump the clutch, keep the throttle burried until you pass the timing point (oh yeah and don't forget to brake!!!!)

I love all that sort of stuff - until last year i used to do a track day every month in my highly modified BMW 325 (E30) it was fantastic but unfortunately very expensive (especially as i loved to drift it which wrecked a set of tyres per trackday!) and with 2 small children i had to knock it on the head!

Have fun and please post lots of piccies to show me what i have missed!

Simon

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
We had a Cromer meet last year. Some pics further down the forum on that one. There was a Lake District get together a few months back. We will have another one in cromer later this year and plan to go Go Carting at the same time. Give those coming from further away something to do.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hey Simon, apologies if I'm missing something but whay don't you come along to the Santa Pod day? It's not costly (only a tenner if you just want the day out, £35 all-in if you want some runs) and I guess you must be free that day, hence this thread?

We have space if you're interested? Would need to know before Friday 20th tho......

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Simon, apologies if I'm missing something but whay don't you come along to the Santa Pod day? It's not costly (only a tenner if you just want the day out, £35 all-in if you want some runs) and I guess you must be free that day, hence this thread?

We have space if you're interested? Would need to know before Friday 20th tho......
Was supposed to meet up with the Lotus guys but......

[email protected] IT - I am there!

Does anyone know where i can get some cheep N.O.S from?!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you gay?
Sorry to disappoint you but no i am hetrosexual - thanks for asking though - i am flattered!

I am there Ess5ive, and not only that but i am going to take you down with my lightning responce reflex and superior clutch control!!

Please add my name to the list! Who do i pay and when do i need to cough up? I will second Saj's question of is it per car or per person as i am bring a friend (he might be gay if you are interested?)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.