Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Ambient lighting

30K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  SimonRoma 
#1 ·
Hi I have the lighting package on my car as standard. Is this the same as ambient lighting or totally different? If it is different can I enable it from the green menu to make it work? I have a sales brochure for my car and it doesn’t list ambient lighting as an option.

#5 ·
Having the interior light pack does not mean ambient lighting is enabled. You will need to enable with vcds or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#7 ·
Yes, that should do it.

Reactions: SimonRoma
#10 ·
Yes, that’s all it does, plus of course keeping them on at the chosen setting while driving, which you wouldn’t have had before. It’s not terribly exciting! Were you expecting more?

#12 ·
Ambient lighting on B8 models as a function of the interior light pack just enables the footwell LEDs while driving as far as I recall. It’s not like the B9 where they are, as you say, everywhere, and in different colours if you get the extended pack like I did.

#15 ·
Hi Marky,

Sorry to say I don’t have a definitive answer for you, as I only have experience of the extended light pack. I do think it is strange, if I understand you correctly, that you have light on the drivers side centre console but not the passenger side - seems odd to me, and I’d be asking the same question. My only advice would be to reach out here to other B9 non-extended LED owners and ask what the behaviour of their cars is.
Sorry I can’t be of more direct help.

Edit: Just seen your other post, so you’re way ahead of me! [emoji106]

#16 ·
Hi Marky,

Sorry to say I don’t have a definitive answer for you, as I only have experience of the extended light pack. I do think it is strange, if I understand you correctly, that you have light on the drivers side centre console but not the passenger side - seems odd to me, and I’d be asking the same question. My only advice would be to reach out here to other B9 non-extended LED owners and ask what the behaviour of their cars is.
Sorry I can’t be of more direct help.

Edit: Just seen your other post, so you’re way ahead of me! [emoji106]

Thanks for the reply Dan. Its a little frustrating the the service centre can't find any issues or any error codes, my next step was to take back along with these pictures.

Thanks again.👍

#17 ·
Hi,

sorry, but can I just clarify something because i'm not sure I understood correctly, I have the Led Interior Lighting Pack as standard, Illuminated door sill trims with S logo as an optional equipment and I have lights in the door cards for rear and back and in footwells as well and I can dim everything from the settings menu and I have the light in the glove compartment so does this mean I can make it change the colors with vcds? If so then anyone know how?

regards
Andres

#21 ·
It seems that as usual the official Audi stealerships are worse than useless sigh.