Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe need to see it in real life first, but from the picture i'm not feeling it all to much.....

·
Registered
273 Posts
No you're not :) I don't like it either

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got to agree with you.
From the pics I've seen of the RS5 I've not got the "must have" feeling as I did with the A5/S5 model at first.
I'm even considering to not buy the RS5 since I don't think it looks great... Though I sure hope I'm wrong and that it will look a lot better "live".... :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't think we have too much to be concerned about. Word from Audi is that the RS5 body work is their most heavily guarded secret and that final body work will not be used on test mules. EVER!

I actually like the minimalist one piece 'beard' grille without the ugly lump in the middle. Safe to say that will be featured in the finished product.

I think we should expect flared guards all round to match the flared nostrils we're seeing on the test mule.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Kind of agree with Joe - way too early to be forming an opinion on bodywork as Audi are clearly keeping their powder dry on this. I'm hoping that the finished article more closely resembles the 'Car' magazine photoshop images from last year - in which case I wouldn't thave too much to grumble about and the 'must have one' reactions would be rife!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I don't like the car in the picture either, and although it's too early to tell what the RS5 will end up like, this RS grille is ugly and I will be happy of it ends up on the RS5, becasue it might stop me wanting to buy one when I can't afford too!

...it's definately a test mule though... the air scoops clearly have additional oil coolers behind them, and probably brake ducting too. :D ...ergo, serious powerplant!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not for me either... but this is not the final product. I sure hope it will be better looking when it's done.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
For me it will be the output not the looks, come on the 5 series is quite sexy if put against other brands, im sure the RS5 wont disappoint :D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I like that a lot. The grill matches the air vents on my sport model.:D:D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its similar to the XFR which used an S-type as a test mule. This is just an A5 test mule for the RS5. Test mules never look anything special.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Uh oh! no fog lights. I wonder what else will go.:confused:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
None of the recent R models have fogs, so safe to say they won't be on the RS5 either.
The RS4 2007 (57) parked outside does have fogs! Maybe they are deleted for the antipodian market?:)

·
Registered
549 Posts
The RS4 2007 (57) parked outside does have fogs! Maybe they are deleted for the antipodian market?:)
RG, we all respect your supreme intelligence and extensive vocabulary however if you insist on substituting 'Australian' for an obtuse word like antipodean you could at least spell it correctly.

Back to fogs, allow me to clarify, I was referring to the RS6, RS5 and TTRS

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Touchy tonight aren't we?

I do not pretend 'supreme intelligence' nor 'extensive vocabulary' therefore ......

I will try not to bite on what appear to be sarcastic comments!

My colleague from NZ assured me that 'antipodean' is a term to cover NZ and AU.

My understanding is that that market including 'Australia' receive similar Audi products from Germany.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Touchy tonight aren't we?

I do not pretend 'supreme intelligence' nor 'extensive vocabulary' therefore ......

I will try not to bite on what appear to be sarcastic comments!

My colleague from NZ assured me that 'antipodean' is a term to cover NZ and AU.

My understanding is that that market including 'Australia' receive similar Audi products from Germany.

:mad: Antlers ahoy!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts