Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite comments I've made in some of my previous posts about how the A5 seems to lose some of its flowing lines in the cabriolet version, I've gone ahead and ordered the following:

A5 Ibis White S Line Cabriolet 3.0TDi STronic with new LED rears
Included just about all the trimmings, eg 3G Sat Nav, parking etc and the RS6 style 19" alloys.

I suppose it was a combination of wanting the A5 with the 3 litre diesel and STronic transmission, together with the RS6 style alloys and the new rear LEDs that made me go for the cab. With delivery slated for May, the UK should have at least an afternoon of sunshine that month ;) in which to enjoy the car with the roof down!

I've never owned a cabriolet and have always thought that drivers of such cars were ***** (substitute any number of 5 letter derogatory words!) but well, hopefully not too many people will think that of me! Hmm...

OK, I'm ready for all the disparaging comments about how the rag top ruins the A5s looks!

I've said it myself as well...!

· Registered
821 Posts
Hmmmm... i have to be honest... Lovely Ibis White A5 - SUPERB

With a Black Plastic hood taking away it's Fantastic Lines........ SHAME...

I hope you enjoy it, but not my cup of tea at all !!!!

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Me too!

Oh well, resale of a brand new Audi cab to the market in May / June shouldn't be too bad...

I'll see what it looks like in the metal (and plastic ;) )!

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Congrats Suzy, sounds like a stunner. I had a BMW 650 Convertible for a while and loved it but being a bloke, I felt like medallion man driving around with the roof down so chopped it for the Coupe, a decision I regretted whenever the sun came out. My wife would love an A5 Convert.

· Registered
2,335 Posts
Despite comments I've made in some of my previous posts about how the A5 seems to lose some of its flowing lines in the cabriolet version, I've gone ahead and ordered the following:

A5 Ibis White S Line Cabriolet 3.0TDi STronic with new LED rears
Included just about all the trimmings, eg 3G Sat Nav, parking etc and the RS6 style 19" alloys.

I suppose it was a combination of wanting the A5 with the 3 litre diesel and STronic transmission, together with the RS6 style alloys and the new rear LEDs that made me go for the cab. With delivery slated for May, the UK should have at least an afternoon of sunshine that month ;) in which to enjoy the car with the roof down!

I've never owned a cabriolet and have always thought that drivers of such cars were ***** (substitute any number of 5 letter derogatory words!) but well, hopefully not too many people will think that of me! Hmm...

OK, I'm ready for all the disparaging comments about how the rag top ruins the A5s looks!

I've said it myself as well...!
Congrats Suzy, I know people are saying it's lost some of it's lines in the conversion to cabrio format but to be honest it's one of the best looking cabrios out there on the market. You will love it - I still remember the good old days of the RS4 Cabro, hood down, non-resonated Miltek Exhaust oh i'm telling you it is something else to be able to hear that engine at full wack with no roof to get in the way.

When the Sun is out you are going to forget all those lost lines everyone is banging on about.

As for the thing about poeple thinking cabrio drivers are cocks, that just comes from people who have never owned one before, or would like to own one or just don't have to money or the balls to make the jump to one because they are worrying too much about what other people think of them.

Black plastic hood????? Mate it's fabric, and looks nothing like plastic not to mention the 80's plastic windows in the back also no longer exist.

Congrats Suzy, sounds like a stunner. I had a BMW 650 Convertible for a while and loved it but being a bloke, I felt like medallion man driving around with the roof down so chopped it for the Coupe, a decision I regretted whenever the sun came out. My wife would love an A5 Convert.
Yeh once you've had a cabrio, you'll always miss the times with the top down.

· Registered
1,636 Posts
From someone who had 3 A4 cabs i love them sadly i fell out of love with them as the 3 cabs all had faults with the roofs (audi kept giving me replacement A4 cabs cause the fault just couldnt be fixed...hence 3), fingers crossed they have fixed the fault for the A5 cab!

Not sure about White and a black roof thou... will look fab im sure :)

· Registered
6,346 Posts
From someone who had 3 A4 cabs i love them sadly i fell out of love with them as the 3 cabs all had faults with the roofs (audi kept giving me replacement A4 cabs cause the fault just couldnt be fixed...hence 3), fingers crossed they have fixed the fault for the A5 cab!

A4 Cab roof problems... I had 2 new fabric roofs due to frame being incorrectly aligned and sticking + 1 new frame in my 3 years with a 3.0 Sport Sept 2002-2005. Looking at the pictures the mechanism looks very similar so fingers crossed.

Ibis White and Black No Way!

For members of my fan club who may be stalking me.. my cab wasn't Phantom Black and it didn't have 19in Y spokes! it was a 3.0V6 but petrol)

· Registered
2,335 Posts

A4 Cab roof problems... I had 2 new fabric roofs due to frame being incorrectly aligned and sticking + 1 new frame in my 3 years with a 3.0 Sport Sept 2002-2005. Looking at the pictures the mechanism looks very similar so fingers crossed.
Oh that's really sad to hear Jen, that would have really annoyed me had it happened to me. The RS4 cabrio never had any roof issues at all, so maybe it was sorted out by then.

Black on White is going to look amazing, don't let anyone put you off, i've seen it and it looks class - that's like saying the black tyres on my car don't go because the car is white.

For members of my fan club who may be stalking me.. my cab wasn't Phantom Black and it didn't have 19in Y spokes! it was a 3.0V6 but petrol)
RGB what is ^^that^^ all about didn't quite understand it??:confused:

· Registered
1,636 Posts

All mine were 3.0 sport v6 petrol engines :( was sad to see them go but it was for best as the faults were driving me nuts! it was the fact one problem turned into 10... but the A5 has been a dream, faniced the A5 cab but the black roof spoils it hoped a tin roof might of come out... now that would have been good :D

· Registered
1,636 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.