Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or ordered a car with the standard aluminum trim in an S5 (not A5)?

What is it like?

Is it metal, or a cheap plastic veneer?

I'm looking at ordering an S5 (phantom black) with the two tone interior; black leather and pearl silver Alcantara seat inserts.

Online, the silver trim looks best - especially around the gear shift/c:confused:enter console.

However, if the trim is some cheap piece, then I'll opt for the carbon fiber.

But, I have not seek an S5 with the aluminum trim... to help me make a decision.

Help!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've got it in mine and it looks great. It is hard and tight in place, very sturdy. I will take some pics tonight and post them.

You've made a very fine choice of car and color.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Has anyone seen or ordered a car with the standard aluminum trim in an S5 (not A5)?

What is it like?

Is it metal, or a cheap plastic veneer?

I'm looking at ordering an S5 (phantom black) with the two tone interior; black leather and pearl silver Alcantara seat inserts.

Online, the silver trim looks best - especially around the gear shift/c:confused:enter console.

However, if the trim is some cheap piece, then I'll opt for the carbon fiber.

But, I have not seek an S5 with the aluminum trim... to help me make a decision.

Help!
Here is a pic of mine with the silver trim.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is my aluminum interior. Sorry it's a little blurry but you can get the feel for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I played with this in photoshop a little because I didn't like the look of the colors. This photo looks more like the real thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It's probably just the lighting conditions and the lack of proper camera setttings being used when that pic was taken. FWIW, here's one more for reference...

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many Thanks....

Thanks to everyone that posted pics ... per my request... to see the aluminum trim.

What a great family (S5) we have here!

Regards,

GTL

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks to everyone that posted pics ... per my request... to see the aluminum trim.

What a great family (S5) we have here!

Regards,

GTL
Don't forget our A5 relatives...:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts