Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just a quick question when you ordered..

I payed 179 euro + 25 euro in shipping.... for a total of 204 euro.

However, after I received the filter, I got a letter from UPS that there was $12.21 in US Customs Duties and Brokerage charges...

Anybody have the same thing happen to them? I would have thought the 25 euro was including all that.. I sent an email to BMC about it but haven't heard back yet...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nope - bought mine in the U.S. (FarnbacherLoles) and only paid sales tax.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Exporting across the continents means you have to pay VAT/sales tax if its above a certain amount. I know from US to UK its around £20ish.

It will not be included in the retail price.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Exporting across the continents means you have to pay VAT/sales tax if its above a certain amount. I know from US to UK its around £20ish.

It will not be included in the retail price.
HMM..

Well, I've bought a carbon inlay kit and a steering wheel from Germany and I didn't see any related fees... I think DHL was used to ship.. Paid Euro and added certain amount for shipping in Euro... Guess the shipping included the fees? If so, the seller would have had to pay those up front when shipping correct? This deal was a ship the item and receive it, then later you pay the fees..

·
Registered
437 Posts
extra shipping charges

Paid just over $20 to ups after the fact with BMC Air Filter.

My wheels shipped from Germany caused an import tax of $130 to ups..

With other items I never had to pay?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paid just over $20 to ups after the fact with BMC Air Filter.

My wheels shipped from Germany caused an import tax of $130 to ups..

With other items I never had to pay?
Ahh.. Good to know.. I just wondered if this was just a freak occurence..:music-smiley-019:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is bmc better than K&N?
I doubt it.. Because really, BMC is the same look, shape, and install like the K&N.. In fact, I believe K &N has the patten on these designs but BMC slaps their name on them from K&N and call it theirs..

·
Registered
549 Posts
I just installed a BMC filter on Monday.

Looking at the stock Audi filter next to the BMC it was easy to tell that the BMC is going to let the engine breathe more easily. (I wish I had my camera with me and taken pics to share)

Not sure whether BMC is better or worse than K&N, both companies have a good reputation, though it seems BMC have more motor racing pedigree:

About BMC

About K&N

PS I just looked at BMC's online store (US/Canada) and found that I paid $40 USD less! That's got to be the first time a car part is cheaper in Australia!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.