Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my 09 S5 in for a front end alignment and was told by the dealer that an alignment also necessitated a $350 "Reset and Adapt Side Assist Sensors". This is the third alignment I have had done at a cost of @ $175 but the first with an additional $350 on top.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
That doesn't sound right. I don't think an alignment is at all related to adjusting side assist sensors. After all - the sensors are located in the rear bumper. Perhaps what they meant was that the side assist needs adjustment, and that this was noticed when your car was in for the alignment job? BTW, I recently had an alignment done by the dealer, and side assist was certainly not mentioned.

·
Registered
636 Posts
First off you need a 4 wheel alignment and they are bullshitting you. The side assist has NOTHING to do with and alignment. I would run as far away from that dealer as you can, go to another one and call AOA and let them know what they were trying to do.

If there is a problem with your side assist then it will be covered under warranty. I had a problem with my side assist button which would constantly stop working and they replaced the button UNDER WARRANTY.

Don't let them do anything to your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts