Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The alarm in this car is very weak and wouldn't get anyone's attention in the event of an emergency.

Has anyone upgraded their alarm siren?

I have plans to do this mod.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
How did you perform a test to hear it?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Panic button on key

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Panic button on key
I havn't got a panic button? :confused:

Another way of testing it is locking the door with the remote key, leaving it for a minute or so, and then opening it manually with the key.

I agree, it's a very week alarm. Reminds me of the BMW alarm.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Who takes any notice of car alarms anyway ? When was the last time you heard a car alarm and thought "I better go see if that car is being broken in to "??

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Who takes any notice of car alarms anyway ? When was the last time you heard a car alarm and thought "I better go see if that car is being broken in to "??
Very true, it's the same with house alarms, I feel. Neighbours in particular would find it more of an annoyance, rather than a signal that someone is breaking into your car/home.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I think its an Audi thing to have a bird chirping as a car alarm. Had the same feable alarm on my S3. There is a battery backup built into the unit so replacing or upgrading it would not be easy at all.
However the puny sound is a lot to do with its location. Usually buried deep in the cars dark relms(sp?). I removed the unit in my S3, chopped its plug off ( you can buy new plugs), extended the wire, and relocated the siren to the bulkhead area under the windscreen. Really made a huge difference in sound.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very true, it's the same with house alarms, I feel. Neighbours in particular would find it more of an annoyance, rather than a signal that someone is breaking into your car/home.
I hope they get annoyed out of their ***hole if my car is getting broken into.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my alarm keeps on going off...its been to Audi and had apparently had a new siren installed...brought it home..went off 5 times all night.!!..was told to call audi assist..the guy showed me 5 'faults' reported on the diagnositic...hmm not a happy chappy...its going back in tomorrow..!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts