Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not having a lot of fun tonight. The alarm has gone off about 4 times in the last hour. I am now waiting for the next one but have turned off internal sensors to see if its that.

Its raining at the moment and its that really fine rain that is falling almost horizontally and I reckon that is the cause. The passenger door, which has been facing the rain has been making a ticking/gasping noise after the engine has been turned off and I can get it to stop/start by locking/unlocking the door. I think its linked to the window as I can get the noise to change when the window goes up and down. My bet is that water has got into it somehow.

What a pain.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you say that. Had I been on the board when you posted, I would have said no. However, you must have talked it up as at 2pm it went off again. This time in the dry with no wind.

I immediatly took it to the Audi garage and I am driving an A3 sportback whilst they locate the fault.

My dealer saw me and asked me why I was there. He mentioned there had been an awful lot of recalls recently on the computer side of the cars (not just A5/S5 but all models) with the programming being updated. At that point I also mentioned the recall you posted about and they said they were not aware of anything but would check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts