Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my genuine vag.com/VCDS last week, and was wondering if anyone has figured out the coding for the alarm chirp yet? :rolleyes:

If I can contribute to the vag.com community, please say so. I've got a Euro-spec A5, and for starters I'll send an auto-scan map to Ross-Tech.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Have you got an alarm chirp then ??

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oo... How ya do that then ???

·
Registered
821 Posts

Sooooo, is it a Horn Confirmation or a little Chirp Please !!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
SPENDID thanks EuroDan:)

DoubleDoom..... Can you sort this for me at the Lakes please ?? :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Eurodan, I assume from this post you are trying to turn on/off the alarm 'chirp' noise. Have you checked on your MMI menu? I have an alarm setting which allows me to turn it on and off via MMI.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Is the chirp no longer standard on 2009 vehicles, or is its availablity demographically dependent? My 2008 S5 chirps when I lock the doors with no mod. Maybe it has to do with the keyless entry option which I opted for.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The option isn't available in the menu, probably a Euro-regulation thing.
Haven't checked if it is now, after enabling it through vag.com.

·
Registered
821 Posts
We dont get it in europe as far as i am aware :confused:

Probably a EU directive about confusing migrating Swallows or something just as sensible :mad:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just FYI: After setting it in vag.com, the option is available through the mmi setup/central locking menu.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'll double check to see if it is there at the moment :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is the Vag-com an easy system to use? I have never connected a cpter to a car and messed around with it and I am a bit worried about it... I would like to change the LED from turning off when turn signal is activated. Thanks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a number of stone "chirps" in my front bumper, if that helps.
;-)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Certain Euro markets do not allow alarm chirps due to noise regulations in residential areas.. I had to activate mine with Vagcom, I have not seen it as an option on the MMI

It is a small 'chirp' that is not created by the car horn...

Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts