Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
They are both standard in the UK. I notice some of the prices listed against the optional extra's are a bit steep (over 1300 euros for a detachable towbar?!?!).:eek:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, our prices are nasty ! :( :mad:

BMW spec is the exact same here as in the UK - maybe Audi like to milk another few € from us poor buyers :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there any reason why you couldn't buy the car from a UK dealer and drive it home ? Or is there some legislation that makes it too expensive to do so.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any reason why you couldn't buy the car from a UK dealer and drive it home ? Or is there some legislation that makes it too expensive to do so.
There is :(

Upon registration here, we have to pay Vehicle Registration tax of 30% of the list price here :( Seems our Government got a special exemption from the EU many years ago, on the basis of hardship , when the open market was established - despite the prosperity here over the last few years, they never gave it up ;) Course as everyone got richer, and more cars were bought, the tax take increased, so they ain't likely to willingly concede it ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thats shocking. Its nearly cheaper to move to the UK and buy a car here !!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 4 miles from the border with Northern Ireland - and UK prices apply therre of course - and I still can't import a car ! :rolleyes:

Oh well, must raid my piggy bank :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Holy cow guys--don't you ever get tired of those exorbitant taxes? Is this not just another example of aggressive governmental forced redistribution of wealth--i.e. penalize success and hope it doesn't eventually stymy individual initiative and create mediocrity? Not really where this thread is supposed to go but a 30% tax just blows me away!!!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy cow guys--don't you ever get tired of those exorbitant taxes? Is this not just another example of aggressive governmental forced redistribution of wealth--i.e. penalize success and hope it doesn't eventually stymy individual initiative and create mediocrity? Not really where this thread is supposed to go but a 30% tax just blows me away!!!!
You'll be more amazed when you hear this then - its 30% registration tax, PLUS 21% Value added tax :( - worse than you thought - and yes, we are sick of it, but I guess many European countries have simililiatly high car prices , sadly for us......

·
Registered
338 Posts
You'll be more amazed when you hear this then - its 30% registration tax, PLUS 21% Value added tax :( - worse than you thought - and yes, we are sick of it, but I guess many European countries have simililiatly high car prices , sadly for us......
Ouch! OUch! OUCh! OUCH!! Do your neighbors ever say thank you for your social generosity while they take a holiday on you?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ouch! OUch! OUCh! OUCH!! Do your neighbors ever say thank you for your social generosity while they take a holiday on you?
Well, our overly bloated civil servants and politicians with their bloated pay packets and guaranteed large defined benefit pension schemes don't anyway :mad: - don't get me started on that !!! ;) :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts