Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new A5 owner (2018 model) and have come across a strange issue. The aircon doesn't appear to work unless I have it set to the max setting that clears front windscreen. When I have the aircon set to off, the air comes out the front vents towards my face. As soon as I turn the aircon to economy or on, the air stops coming from out of the vents and doesn't feel cold at all. The strange thing is when I put the front windscreen on, the air coming out then is pretty cold?

Any idea what might be happening here? Only just bought the car and hoping it is not something big...馃

Cheers for any help.

Premium Member
Welcome on board Fugel, catchy name indeed!! You know that the aircon system needs some TLC from time to time, in other words a service every 2 or 3 years which costs about 100 squid so changing the cabin filter and having the gas drawn out and replaced, plus they also change the oil in the system. This may be overdue???

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome on board Fugel, catchy name indeed!! You know that the aircon system needs some TLC from time to time, in other words a service every 2 or 3 years which costs about 100 squid so changing the car filter and having the gas drawn out and replaced, plus they also change the oil in the system. This may be overdue???
Ciao Simon - weirdly it has started working this morning, so might be an intermittent fault.. Will monitor and get the aircon serviced to check for faults. FYI I guess you are from Rome?? Lived there for 6 months and loved the place (y)

Premium Member
Ciao Simon - weirdly it has started working this morning, so might be an intermittent fault.. Will monitor and get the aircon serviced to check for faults. FYI I guess you are from Rome?? Lived there for 6 months and loved the place (y)
Hello mate yes the intermittent faults are always tricky to track down so you need to go step by step and keep notes. I am a Brit and I lived and worked in Roma for many years, I recently moved down to the Amalfi Coast mmmmm. Aircon (according to the experts) is best left switched on ALL the time to keep the gas/fluids moving and thus lubricating the system. And I change the gas and cabin filter every 2 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.