Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of other sources, it seems the new S5 convertible will have air-scarf seats as an option too! Not in the S-sport seats, but only in the normal sport seats or comfort seats. From production week 22 (modelyear 2010) onward it can be ordered, also on the A5 convertible.

Source: direct from Audi AG!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Not in the S5 ..

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not in the S5 ..
As I wrote, some articles write that it will not be available for the S5, but I spoke to the product manager of Audi AG, and it will be available (from week 22 onwards this year). I have also the official Audo S5 convertible prospectus here, and there it is stated explicitely that the air scarf is available. Only NOT when you order the S-sport seats.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
So how many seat options are there for the S5 convertible? 'Normal sport' seats, 'Comfort' seats and 'S-Sport' seats? Seems a tad unlikely - surely the S5 will simply have the usual S5 chairs (I presume these equate to the 'S-Sport offerings - or maybe not?) in which case airscarf won't be an option (logical considering their more integrated design)?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
As I wrote, some articles write that it will not be available for the S5, but I spoke to the product manager of Audi AG, and it will be available (from week 22 onwards this year). I have also the official Audo S5 convertible prospectus here, and there it is stated explicitely that the air scarf is available. Only NOT when you order the S-sport seats.
As I said not in S5..

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how many seat options are there for the S5 convertible? 'Normal sport' seats, 'Comfort' seats and 'S-Sport' seats? Seems a tad unlikely - surely the S5 will simply have the usual S5 chairs (I presume these equate to the 'S-Sport offerings - or maybe not?) in which case airscarf won't be an option (logical considering their more integrated design)?
There are three seat options available (Comfort, Sport en S-Sport, this last one is the same as in the S5 Coupe, and indeed can not have air-scarf because of its integrated deisgn). For the non-believers, I will scan and post the S5 cabrio brochure when I am near a scanner :moped:
It is a dedicated S5 cabrio brochure, so NOT the A5! So also it only shows the S5 cabrio colors (and not the A5 ones).

Of course it can be different in your country.

@Blade: what is your source that it will be not available?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
In my experience most journalist don't really know what they are writing about (some exceptions exist of course) or don't ask the right questions when they are invited for a multi-day introduction :wall:

But ok, here are some page's of the offical Audi S5 brochure (source: Audi AG). Since I was surprised too that non-S-seats are optional on a "S", I asked about it, and it was explicetly confirmed (as of production week 22) by Audi Product Management (at least for Western Europe, but I don't know if this includes UK.....:moped:)

You can see it is mentioned in the text, as well as on the option list (Kopfraumheizung = air scarf).

Ok, let's wait and see.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I just took a look at the CAR magazine photos. Anybody know what those buttons are for in the center console? (See circled area in attached photo.)

I'm assuming those might be the buttons for controlling the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just took a look at the CAR magazine photos. Anybody know what those buttons are for in the center console? (See circled area in attached photo.)

Yep, at least one of these buttons is for opening/closing the top (I used it on the demo car to see how the car looks with the top closed). I forgot to take a pic of it, and don't remember if it are 2 buttons or only one. Maybe for the windshield (like in the Audi TT)?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Air Scarf!

:laughinatabove:

Gotta larf! ...If you don't like cold air whistling 'round your neck, buy a car with a lid on it!

...Next it'll be an 'air-blade umbrella' so you can leave the roof down in the rain in stop-start traffic.

...Then 'Air-Axe anti-theft device' so you can leave the roof down and your valuables on the seat whilst you leave the car parked in central London.

...Then... oh I despair!

I'm off... :moped:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have been told by Audi UK that the S5 will not get air scarf, but if they are wrong then I stand corrected....not that I really give a stuff, the car isn't for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My dealer confirms HAWKiS5' statement about air scarf.

@ Ess5ive: For the convertible/cabriolet, the following seat options will be available (in Germany, at least):

- "normal" seat, for coupé and convertible/cabriolet

- sports seat for coupé and convertible/cabriolet

- sports seat with air acarf for convertible/cabriolet only also available for s5 version

- "climate comfort" seat for coupé only

- "climate comfort" seat with air acarf for convertible/cabriolet only not available for s5

- S sports seat for coupé and convertible/cabriolet, standard for s5 coupé, option for a5, a5 convertible/cabriolet and s5 convertible/cabriolet

My dealer didn't want to confirm week 22 (which is the beginning of production year 2010) for placing air scarf orders, as still no price tag is available. A month ago, he told me that air scarf will be available of this year's second half, which can mean end of year as well.

Greeetz, Thomas

·
Registered
7 Posts
:laughinatabove:

Gotta larf! ...If you don't like cold air whistling 'round your neck, buy a car with a lid on it!
Well, sort of.

If you like a ride at a frosty but sun-shiny day, I'd appreciate some neck warming. My SLK has this option, and I like it very much.

But I like one feature even more - the heated steering wheel. But this will never be available for the a5 convertible. :wall: Which is why I don't wait to get the air scarf - the package will remain incomplete.

So I'll use a cotton scarf and leather gloves instead. :autofahrer:

Greeetz, Thomas

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

The button closer to the dash is for opening/closing the roof and the other button is for opening/closing all windows at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts