Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Got an issue with the Air con where it wont engage and the light goes out as soon as you don't hold it in. Funny thing is a few times it has randomly worked. Got a basic code reader but not convinced its anygood as theres no fault codes. Ring any bells with anyone?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Behaviour like that usually means that the gas is low. This could be due to a leak (if you don’t use it much then the joints dry out and leak gas - I leave mine on full time for that reason). It could also indicate a faulty compressor, but that would be less likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update on this..... Haven't had time to get the AC checked yet but also noticed the Air Recirculation button/light does the same thing? This still point to low gas or some sort of switch issue?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Quick update on this..... Haven't had time to get the AC checked yet but also noticed the Air Recirculation button/light does the same thing? This still point to low gas or some sort of switch issue?
Yes, both related. If the aircon does’t work, recirc will not be permitted due to the risk of misting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a problem with the electric system, not in the AC system. There isn't another explanation why one is working why they don't work simultaneously anymore. Try to go to a car repair shop. Also, the air conditioner bad smell can be caused by the dirty air pipes. I had such a problem at home. The first few minutes, the AC system was working. But, it had a bad smell. I called a master from majorcooling.com, and they explained to me that I need to clean the pipes from time to time to avoid such problems. He also explained to me how to do this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.