Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got my A5 with the standard suspension and the 19" Y wheels. Having recently tried out a Sports model (UK), I'm loving the way it corners i.e. no body roll. I now wish I'd gone for Sports suspension.

I see a lot of posts about lowering and so forth, but I'm a novice: I don't know a coilover from a spring. Can I retrofit the Audi Sports suspension (or even something better)? What's involved? I found this website that looks the business, although I don't understand a word of it: http://www.autops.co.uk/html/audi_a5.html

I did ask this question to my local Audi garage (Aylesbury, UK), who said that it was not possible without replacing many parts of the car at a cost of many, many pounds. Their view was that new suspension arms (?) are required, new Accumulators required, and the chassis (?) has to be stiffened to take the extra force of a lowered car. I'm not convinced by this, hence my request to the mighty A5OC.

Many thanks for your advice!
Potemkin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy but still confused

Thanks so much for the replies. I'm much more confident that I COULD retrofit the stiffer Sports suspension, but... which bits need changing? Just the springs? The shocks too? Anything else?

What happens if I just change the springs?
Can I use S5 springs?

So many questions.... but you know you love to help out :)

I don't want to go for coilovers or anything really sophisticated, just to recreate the stiffer stock sports suspension...

Cheers
Potemkin

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.