Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing the OEM intake hose, I opted for the Forgesport silicone intake hose.

After fitment (professionally installed) it seems to sit incorrectly, where the middle has a bend/crease which by the look of it, will restrict airflow.

Now, I mentioned this to Doug at MRC who said this is THE reason that hey don't supply them.

MRC Verbatim "And we don't fit the forge as it collapses - it doesn't stay round and gets sucked shut"

So, I'm sending the Forge back but for the life, cannot find an alternative - can ANYONe recommend a product/supplier in U.K., of an alternative please?...

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.0t 2010

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure, but check out samco..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Had a look at samco but can't see any intake hoses a just boot hoses or something?

What about metal Ones? I see them with intake bundles, like Revo etc

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea, contact them.
I'll be willing to ship, but it will probably cost a fortune to ship to UK.
So I sourced one from Doug at MRC! The same ones they use for upgrades.

Should receive Monday!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am planning to fit one of these intake hoses from DD as haven't heard of any issues:

Price: £65.00
SKU: DSD8553.1
Brand: Darkside Developments
2.7 / 3.0 TDi Audi B8 Platform Airbox to TIP Silicone Hose

This is a direct replacement for the standard Plastic Pipe from the Airbox to the Turbo Inlet Pipe (TIP)
3 Ply Thickness
Darkside Developments Logo
Available in Various Colours
Increases Air flow
This silicone removes the DPF Pressure Sensor Bracket
MADE IN THE UK
Replaces part number - 059 129 627 L - 059129627 L - 059129627L

·
Registered
2,564 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
You might struggle to get in the UK. I had this on my 3.0t - https://store.034motorsport.com/silicone-throttle-body-inlet-hose-high-flow-b8-audi-s4-s5-3-0tfsi.html
S
25,000 and no issues whatsoever. Bought direct from them and it arrived pretty quickly and fit perfectly. It removes that daft silencer chamber from the intake and really does increase the supercharger whine. Which I liked!

It's also smooth silicone, surely better for intake rather than a ribbed plastic pipe??
Interesting that their UK partner is AwesomeGTI. I spoke to John a few days ago about these hoses, they're the same as the US Motorsport ones. In addition, John said that they have a very good relationship with MRC and even though I made the suggestion that Awesome spoossibly supplies MRC with the hoses, he didn't deny it - this could be the case. Nevertheless, mine should arrive from MRC today. I'll take a snap, I'm confident it will be identical to this one!

Ps: I'm ordering an AWE Touring for the S5 soon, anyone else interested in a group buy?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting that their UK partner is AwesomeGTI. I spoke to John a few days ago about these hoses, they're the same as the US Motorsport ones. In addition, John said that they have a very good relationship with MRC and even though I made the suggestion that Awesome spoossibly supplies MRC with the hoses, he didn't deny it - this could be the case. Nevertheless, mine should arrive from MRC today. I'll take a snap, I'm confident it will be identical to this one!

Ps: I'm ordering an AWE Touring for the S5 soon, anyone else interested in a group buy?
MRC's silicone intake hose came today, promptly removed the air box to replicate the same mod that MRC do as part of their intake upgrade and swapped the Forge sport to the MRC one (same as AwesomeGTI)

The difference is noticeable. Great sound coming from the air box and with the wider diameter of the 034 hose, more cold air gets where it should, without restriction as per the Forgesport.

Very pleased. Airbox mod 10 mins and install of hose about 5 mins. Cheap and easy performance, aesthetic and audible upgrade!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You've stuck a supercharged badge on... Nice placement!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Lol thanks. I initially bought the copy ones for like £12 off eBay. Then decided to buy original Audi ones and look sooo much better. Rathrr than throw the old ones in the bin, put one to good use!

:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts