Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some research on these forums and was wondering if any a5 3.2 owners installed an aftermarket exhaust with a non s line bumper. I want to know your opinions on those exhaust. Most of the exhaust systems i've seen show a quad tip or oval tip and I'm not about to spend 1K+ to swap out bumpers and valence to fit a quad tip exhaust. I've seen and heard the A5 StaSis exhaust on youtube, I like how it sounds, but, from reading these forums, there is alot of cabin drone. I have some reservations about getting the StaSis exhaust. I'm not sure if I want to ride in a noisy car just for a better exhaust sound.

·
Registered
643 Posts
You get used to the drone. It's not bad at all once it gets some soot on it, but the first couple of weeks it's considerably droney, yes. I've got a few thousand miles on mine, the noise it makes is glorious. The first time you roll the windows down and floor it in a tunnel you'll forget all about what little drone there is.

·
Registered
41 Posts
x2

I actually like the drone...

I actually want my exhaust to be a bit louder

it pure aural pleasure at WOT

·
Registered
36 Posts
STaSIS drone

I have an A5 non S-line with the STaSIS exhaust and I am about to take it off. Yes, the sound 80% of the time is glorious but that drone wears on you.
I believe it is much more of a factor if you have the automatic as the transmission likes to put you right at 2500 rpms which is exactly the sweet spot for the drone. Do you guys who like the droan/sound have manuals?

·
Registered
41 Posts
yeah i've got manual

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have manual as well. So if I wanted to, I can change gears to get out of the 2500 rpm sweet spot if I got sick of the drone? Or is there a loud drone all the time, just louder at 2500rpm. I commute 60 miles a day, it would be nice to change gears at times to eliminate some of the drone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
around 3k rpms with steady application of throttle it sounds OEM...which pretty much means you cant hear anything lol.

·
Registered
643 Posts
2500 to 2900 revs is about the boomy range, but 2500 is the sweet spot. Any throttle input there fills the cabin with bassssss

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bret--

You just removing that Stasis Exhaust or selling it? I'm looking to ugrade mine.

-Matt

·
Registered
36 Posts
Matt-

I sold it last week----shipped it off to Ohio.

Good luck.

I am actually glad to have "my quiet" car back.......make sure you want all that noise!

·
Registered
8 Posts
As i noted in another thread, Stasis has some reducers that you can install that signifigantly reduce the drone. Its still there, but atleast it dosent rattle your teeth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats odd. Seemed like quite a bit of difference to me. I was about the take the thing off until i installed them.

That said, the Stasis is the first exhaust i have gotten that has had this isssue. I defintaly wouldnt reccomend it, but if you have already bought it and are stuck with it, the reducers are worth a shot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Damn... Guess I'm not getting the Stasis then...

I mean I like the noise but if it's really as earth-shatteringly loud as you guys say it is then I gotta reconsider... but Who else makes them?

Also, will the Quad Tip make any difference?

-Matt

·
Registered
196 Posts
How so Bret? Not sure I'm following.

Still getting used to the lingo.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts