Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody i tried to update my Audi A8 map from US to Europe map but after updating I didn't see anymore letters on the screen radio doesn't function , media also ,navigation everything it's not working. How do I get back again or to make a new update.

·
Registered
A8 2015
113 Posts
Hi everybody i tried to update my Audi A8 map from US to Europe map but after updating I didn't see anymore letters on the screen radio doesn't function , media also ,navigation everything it's not working. How do I get back again or to make a new update.
To allow users to help you, please explain in more detail what you actually did to update your maps. Updating maps shouldn’t affect the MMI’s ability to activate the radio ...

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To allow users to help you, please explain in more detail what you actually did to update your maps. Updating maps shouldn’t affect the MMI’s ability to activate the radio ...

J
I have North America Audi A8 year 2011, i try to update to European version and i download from this site version HN+R_EU_AU_K0900.
After update on the screen doesn't shows full menu. Attached i will show some photo what appears on the screen.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Car

Automotive lighting Automotive design Electronic instrument Motor vehicle Speedometer

·
Registered
A8 2015
113 Posts
Ah, so youi didn't update the maps; you updated the MMI!

I haven't any experience of changing MMI regional versions but by trying to update with a Eur MMI update file, I think you've mixed up some Euro MMI files with some NAR ones. And I presume that you still have NAR maps on the MMI hard disk, as the MMI update doesn't include any map files. So I suspect mapping is 'mucked up' too.

You didn't explain what you saw when the MMI was updating but it's possible you can see what was done by using the MMI Update screen and selecting the 'Logging option' which lets you displays the update logs to see what happened.

I suspect you'll have to reset your MMI by building the MMI files from scratch, for which I hope someone else will let us know how to do it.

What does the MMI Version screen show?

J

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, so youi didn't update the maps; you updated the MMI!

I haven't any experience of changing MMI regional versions but by trying to update with a Eur MMI update file, I think you've mixed up some Euro MMI files with some NAR ones. And I presume that you still have NAR maps on the MMI hard disk, as the MMI update doesn't include any map files. So I suspect mapping is 'mucked up' too.

You didn't explain what you saw when the MMI was updating but it's possible you can see what was done by using the MMI Update screen and selecting the 'Logging option' which lets you displays the update logs to see what happened.

I suspect you'll have to reset your MMI by building the MMI files from scratch, for which I hope someone else will let us know how to do it.

What does the MMI Version screen show?

J
What can I do to install EU version in this point?
I have VCDS to acces on board computer.
Also where i can find full software for EU region for Audi A8
Font Gadget Electronic device Display device Electric blue

·
Registered
2014 A4q 6MT MMI 3G+
378 Posts
@Andibora13 -- This is not so simple. The MMI main unit is hard-coded for certain North American language selections (US English, Canadian French, for example), which are not equivalent to their European counterparts (UK English, French as used in France). Conversion to HN+R_EU is possible, but you need special tools to update the EEPROM for EU language selections. Can you start the Green Engineering Menu (GEM) ? You may be able to get English text back, at least from one of the /config menus. Another reference: https://mhhauto.com/Thread-MMI-3G-PLUS-US-EU-Conversion-help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts