Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just joined the forum.

I've got an Audi A5 (obviously) 2010 plate 2.0T petrol and I'm looking to make some cosmetic upgrades.

I've never modded a car so thought I'd tap into some of you guys knowledge.

I'd quite like to lower mine a bit - do you guys recommend a particular coilover kit please? Or if you know of a good, reliable option please let me know.

Any of you guys had your calipers sprayed? Mine actually have a bit of rust on them and don't do the imagine of the car any favours.

Not sure on the colour though - my car (pictured) is sort of a silver/grey colour. What do you guys reckon?

Also, any good upgrades you recommend cosmetic - or performance, I'd love to look at.

Not sure how good the 2.0 petrol 178 brake is for upgrades - heard it is a bit temperamental which is why I regularly change the oil on it and put good fuel in it.

I'm based in the UK.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Thats a nice looking car.

Cosmetics, you could fit dynamic wing mirror indicators. Pretty cheap an not too hard to install.

Honeycomb grills, you have to remove the bumper but makes such a difference, love how my car looks with it.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Plant

Chrome delete the window surrounds, vinyl wrap, some wrapping tools and a lot of swearing..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Cosmetics, you could fit dynamic wing mirror indicators. Pretty cheap an not too hard to install.

Honeycomb grills, you have to remove the bumper but makes such a difference, love how my car looks with it. View attachment 181903

Chrome delete the window surrounds, vinyl wrap, sone wrapping tools and a lot of swearing..
Thanks mate - and very nice looking car too!

Are those grills particularly dear?

·
Registered
158 Posts

Honeycomb grills, you have to remove the bumper but makes such a difference, love how my car looks with it. View attachment 181903

Chrome delete the window surrounds, vinyl wrap, sone wrapping tools and a lot of swearing..
Is your grill from xenonz? Also where did you get the fog mesh grills from?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Sharpe welcome to the A5 nuthouse!! Do some reading and research on here mate cos loads of members have asked and answered your questions. Personally I like subtle, so on my current S4 I have had the wheels sprayed gunmetal grey, and all of the badges are removed so at a casual glance she looks like a 2.0 diesel....Otherwise I have concentrated on servicing and new tyres and brake disks and pads, I love mine as standard Q car looking but when the old V8 gets going goodness she is fun!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi folks,

Just joined the forum.

I've got an Audi A5 (obviously) 2010 plate 2.0T petrol and I'm looking to make some cosmetic upgrades.

I've never modded a car so thought I'd tap into some of you guys knowledge.

I'd quite like to lower mine a bit - do you guys recommend a particular coilover kit please? Or if you know of a good, reliable option please let me know.

Any of you guys had your calipers sprayed? Mine actually have a bit of rust on them and don't do the imagine of the car any favours.

Not sure on the colour though - my car (pictured) is sort of a silver/grey colour. What do you guys reckon?

Also, any good upgrades you recommend cosmetic - or performance, I'd love to look at.

Not sure how good the 2.0 petrol 178 brake is for upgrades - heard it is a bit temperamental which is why I regularly change the oil on it and put good fuel in it.

I'm based in the UK.
View attachment 181902

Thanks for your time.
Bought mine Oct 2020... mine is the 2009 210BHP but the exterior looks identical :)

In terms of suspension I guess it depends on what level of comfort is acceptable to individual. I bought mine knowing all 4 shocks were shot as they were advisory on the MOT. I kept it stock and replaced with OEM SACH shocks and the ride has improved...the old 4 shocks were really bad as they would not bounce back.

In terms of calliper rust.. at 1st I was a bit shocked how rusty there were but it seems quite normal

I have replaced the manual gear knob as the original was polished and no grip left.

I would have liked the sports seats from the S-Line model but that's too much hassle :(

·
Registered
161 Posts

Chrome delete the window surrounds, vinyl wrap, some wrapping tools and a lot of swearing..
Those wheels and grill really does transform the car :love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts