Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this burd has done somehting silly and lost her spare key to the car! do you know how much it is to buy a spare one???

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'd say it will be expensive - keys usually cost a bomb ! :eek:

No idea how much tho :eek:

·
Registered
181 Posts
It is not unusual for people to lose their 'everyday' key to their car. How on earth did you manage to lose your spare?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
too many handbags!! must be in my appartment but i dont know where :( :confused:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek:

im horrified at that video clip :(

designer ones perhaps is that such a bad thing???? :confused:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Jen,
As I said:
Apologies in advance...
Hope you take it in the funny way Harry Enfield intended originally.;)

No offense intended...

More seriously though, I would think a new set of keys would be pretty pricey as you'll have to reprogram new keys (2 normal remote ones plus the little plastic spare key) as well as the car, as the dealer will have to assume that your old (lost) key could fall into the wrong hands.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:eek: oh dear i thinks thats my choos out the window this month then :(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just a thought, but why not take each handbag into the car one at a time and try the Start button...

Or you could narrow down your search are by driving your car around the apartment, stopping at various places and trying the lock button on the door handle..

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sadly i have looked in all my bags and no luck :( i dont know where it could be last time i saw it was back in dec when i got the car lol......

but i may try the drive around that might work narrow down my search for the missing key :cool:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looked everywhere so far dont see it being in the couches :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are pricey to replace Jen, it might be best to leave it for a few months, see if it turns up, after all its only the spare. Chances are it will turn up when you are looking for something else, happens to me all the time.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i might but then what if i loose my key??? i wont be able to use my car :( oh dear i may gutt my appartment this weekend and find it..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well just a update, after many a search in my appartment in Aberdeen, and using advice from you guys i did every barr drive my car through the said appartment :) purely cause it would not fit through the doors :rolleyes:

But I have had success in a drawer in my appartment in edinburgh i have found my spare key :D

god knows why i left it there not sure.... but then tonight i went to find it and i put in somewhere safe and lost it again, so back to the search again but i know this time its defo in a handbag so of o trot to see if i can find it, moral of story is always keep your spare key somewhere safe!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why is it women can so call "multi task", but seem to lose something the second the put it down:rolleyes:

May I suggest you place all your A5 items together (keys, V5 Log book etc.,) and give them to a man to look after!....ONLY JOKING!

I can empathize with the bag situation they just swallow up anything you put in them like a black hole! I'm sure Stephen Hawking's next book will be called a "Brief history of time looking for keys your partner has passed you in a handbag".;)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
heheh well talking about the v5 and insurance docs i have to find them today as well hehehe road tax is due and i have to give the docs to audi and i have no idea where they are i do remember going oh i better place that somewhere safe....

as for the man as i am single unless my cats can look after it all, what i need to do is get all my stuff and lock it in my drawer at work then i wouldnt loose anything :D hehehe

I can only multi task if the conversation being held is interesting gossip and can be of use to myself

1 - 19 of 19 Posts