Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

my S5 has advanced key. all of a sudden the door sensors dont work for open or close. im not sure if it is the actual sensors as they both just suddenly stopped working at the same time. the advanced key still works on the boot opening and engine start. any ideas what the probem could be?

·
Registered
163 Posts
VIN, I can't figure out how to link to another post, but if you do a search there are at least half a dozen members with the same problem. Sounds like it may be a common issue with the door sensors only. Some members have it only on driver doors, others have it go bad on both doors. Hope this is not a problem that will plague us all.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think your fingers are malfunctioning, it can't be the car.....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Its a common problem. If it opens the boot ok and the start button works then its the door sensors that need replacing. The audi garage should be able to plug the computer in and see that there are errors recorded and the circuit is remaining open.

·
Registered
45 Posts
water gets inside the outer door handle and causes a resitive circuitto the kessy switch.Easy to replace as you can remove the outer handle without stipping the door.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
water was the cause of mine. My alarm needed some replacements as well as well as the advanced key sensors as water had got into that following a major prolonged rain storm.

When mine went wrong the sensors were on back order and the dealer confirmed that it was a common fault.

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats explains alot!!..i didnt think (at first) it would be the 'car'...i got caught in a car park in the rain this morning and the door wouldnt lock...so i had to fumble about for the keys getting drenched!!...off to the dealership she goes..!!..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys, car is now booked in.

btw anyone know if the xenon lamp height can be manually raised?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Same thing just happened to my car. Washed the Car, no all advanced key features have stopped. Door Sensors, Boot and start button.

Freakin heck... I would have thought that behind all the technology, it would have been well enough protected to withstand a car wash. How the heck you meant to clean the car now.

Hopefully parts are in stock, and its an easy fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts