Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered a new A5 (see here) which will have Advanced Key and the Comfort Pack with memory electric seats.

I asked the salesman if the combined memory seats and Advanced Key functions would work in a similar way to my current BMW 3 Series in that if you set 2 different seat position memories, you can assign them to different keys and when each key is used to open the car, the driver's seat and mirrors move to the stored position. The salesman didn't seem too confident that this would be the case with the A5 (although he did say that the seats would do this).

Can someone who has these options (or is confident of the answer) please confirm how the system works? It seems to me that it would be a pointless option if it does not work as I expect (and really hope) it would.

Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
never used the 2nd key so im not sure, if im bored enough i will let you know before your 3 weeks are out lol

Thanks Vin, I would appreciate it. It would be a disappointment if the seats don't adjust when the car is unlocked because it is the one feature that I couldn't live without (once I had lived with it!!) on the BMW. My wife is a lot shorter than me and the time wasted moving the seats by pressing a button once the car is unlocked and the door opened would be quite frustrating.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
YES, it works. You don't need the advanced key for it either, it does the same with the standard key. The option is in the menu.

Example for those who don't know how it works...

You have one key, your wife has the other. You have your seat/mirrors set to "mem1", and your wife "mem2". When you open the car with key1 the seats/mirrors adjust to mem1's positions. Likewise, open the car with key2, the position of seat/mirrors goes to "mem2".

Course, who would let the wife drive their A5/S5? :D :p

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Rab88,

Thank you for confirming that. I wasn't too sure whether the function needed the Advanced Key option or not (neither was the salesman).

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi rabb88,my wife just read your comment about letting your wife drive,well she aint happy as shes the main driver of ours (s5 hopefully coming on the 11th dec) ive just got me old trusty works van to drive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the advance key has its advantages though...how cool is it to touch just your door handle and the locks just pop open...also i have to say i enjoy using my starter button...the red and silver button puts a smile on my face everytime...:)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the advance key has its advantages though...how cool is it to touch just your door handle and the locks just pop open...also i have to say i enjoy using my starter button...the red and silver button puts a smile on my face everytime...:)
I do have the coolness of a Start/Stop with my current 330d - but I don't have the Comfort Access (same Advanced Key) option.

So whilst I still have to use my fob to lock/unlock the doors, and then insert it into the dashboard, I still get to 'Push The Button' .....

<drifts away thinking about The Sugababes> ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.