Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The advanced key function on my car has stopped working. Ionly noticed this after washing it today. Don't know if some water has got in somewhere it should't have but the two doors and the bootlid are all nackered. I have checked the manual and the mmi incase it was something silly before contacting the dealer but had no joy. Has anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There has been a fault with some models (mine included) where the sensors were not shielded enough from the wet and the circuit remains open. There is a fix for this by getting new sensors fitted.

If you have vag-com you will be able to see if the fault has occurred previously (it may not always be obvious)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had this after a heavy downpour a few weeks ago. The advanced key stopped working on the doors. I could still get it into the boot.

Phone your local garage and take it in. I phoned Stirling and they took it in checked over the car and replaced the door sensor in an hour on the same day I phoned. All under warranty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I to had the same problem a couple of weeks ago after washing the car, all fixed under warranty though, again it was the door sensors...

Oh, check your spare key as I checked it when this happend and found that it was not working with the car at all so got that coded back in at the same time!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. I contacted Glasgow Audi today and the service advisor thought it would only be a case of re-programming the keys.
Does changing the sensors require the interior door panels to be removed?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had the sensor on the driver's door replaced some months ago and it's in the dealers tomorrow to have the passenger door sensor replaced. Apparently this is a common fault and has been reported back to Ingolstadt. Replacement sensors are not so rain/car wash shy.
Sensor failure may cause doors, other than on the side of the failed sensor, to malfunction. At one point, I sat in the garage, with the keys on the floor next to me, and watched the car unlock/lock itself several times!!

Interior panel does need to be removed to change sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts