Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just at the NYC Audi Forum and got a teaser brochure. It said that the steering is going to be weight adjustable. I haven't seen a word on this in any of the reivews. Anyone shed some light on this??

I have a deposit down for a Phantom Black, nav, B&O, bluetooth etc

·
Registered
736 Posts
I'm not sure what that means really. I've heard of speed adjustable steering which is the system where you have more power steering at low speeds (like in a parking lot) and less power when you are at higher speeds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My current car has adaptive steering but its for speed,

By weight adjusting maybe they mean by the more cargo you have the suspension re-adjusts itself??

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was my understanding that the sterring would be adjustable, in the fact that you could make it heavier or lighter depending on your own driving style and taste. Like adjustable shock dampenings.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I believe that it means what Andrew described.

Btw. Do you know if the Audi in NYC has a S5 in the showroom?

Someone said so in another thread but never confirmed with pics or anything. I'm going to NYC soon and I would love to take a look :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was in the NYC forum last week. I just missed it.

I have had cars with servtronic or speed sensitive steering, but this was explained differently. It was explained like the driver had control over how the steering felt, lighter or heavier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts