Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the B&O system in the A5 convertible, but it doesn't have the sub because they wouldn't be able to install in the rear deck due to the top mechanics. I would like to add a sub. I am wondering if anyone knows if the B&O that I have has the capability to run a sub and it has just been disabled, thus I just need to VAG-COM it back on.

If you have the system with the sub, can you control the sub independently from the head unit?

If I add a sub, should I add an amp? Remember, my factory B&O didn't come with a sub, so if the coupes have a extra amp for a sub, I didn't get it. I am thinking I should add an amp anyway.

From where do I get the wires to run into the amp/sub? I imagine I wanted to be able to get my hands on line level outs if that's possible.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I thought the sub was in the near side rear panel on the Cab. Looks like I've got one there.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the sub was in the near side rear panel on the Cab. Looks like I've got one there.

Cheers

RG
I don't have one that I can see. I'm in the U.S., are you in Europe? If so, that's probably the difference.

Where are you seeing this? In the panel by the rear seats?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have one that I can see. I'm in the U.S., are you in Europe? If so, that's probably the difference.

Where are you seeing this? In the panel by the rear seats?
Oh wait.....I just looked in the rear seat area, driver's side U.S. I see that just below the regular speaker on this side there is another "grill" type cover just underneath the armrest. On that passenger side there is no grill type cover, just an open space. Maybe it's behind there. Regardless, it really needs a little more bass. I wonder if I could install something in there that's a bit better than stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh wait.....I just looked in the rear seat area, driver's side U.S. I see that just below the regular speaker on this side there is another "grill" type cover just underneath the armrest. On that passenger side there is no grill type cover, just an open space. Maybe it's behind there. Regardless, it really needs a little more bass. I wonder if I could install something in there that's a bit better than stock.
I just played with the settings, there is nothing in that area in the rear where the speaker grill type plastic is. That must be for a different set-up, possibly not the B&O.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
That's the one.
I had a Coupe before the Cab.. both with B&O . Whilst the Coupe was overall better the CAb isn't that bad if you play with the settings which need to be significantly different hood up (roof!) than hood (roof) down.

Never had such awesome noise in a Cabriolet before!

I suggest you play around a bit with the settings!

Good luck

RG:cheers:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The sub is definitely there on the B&O Cab set up in the location mentioned by the others. On mine the bottom front door speakers provide a bit of bass too. Certain bassy music I can feel the bass through the seat when the volume is up a bit with the roof down! :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts