Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my S5 without Nav, has anyone added some kind of MMI type feature to their car. I'm mostly thinking of hooking up and IPOD to the B&O system. To me it is really stupid that MMi is part of the Nav option, it should be part of the B&O Stereo option instead. I assume it has something to do with Electronics packaging.

Tonny

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree, interested in the responses. I know there are other 3rd party options in other countries. Wonder if any of them would work in the US?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought MMI was included

I thought the MMI was included without the Nav/Tech options however it was just missing the cable for the Ipod.

I was told you still get the 7" screen for your radio stations, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have only had my car for 2 days (I didn't get Nav/Tech as I didn't want to order and wait and this was the only car I found in the US available in ibis white). Fom what I can tell, yes MMI is included in base but IPOD connection requires AMI. Still trying to understand the difference between MMI and AMI, but there is no IPOD connection with MMI in the US to my understanding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the update,
You are the first person I have found that has one with out the DVD package so I have been trying to figure it out.

I was hoping that the Audi-o-fic-tinados would have taken apair the MMI, and said here is the simple mod that would allow you to plug in your IPOD without hte DVD package. It seems silly that they would have 2 seperate MMI units for the process, but what do I know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I also opted out of the Nav/Tech pkg and was woundering about this. There has to be some way to do it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wrtau23
Can you post some pics how your dash and console looks like, I have not seen one without nav/tech package

Tonny

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I have only had my car for 2 days (I didn't get Nav/Tech as I didn't want to order and wait and this was the only car I found in the US available in ibis white). Fom what I can tell, yes MMI is included in base but IPOD connection requires AMI. Still trying to understand the difference between MMI and AMI, but there is no IPOD connection with MMI in the US to my understanding.
All A5s & S5s have a Multi-Media Interface (MMI) which comes in two flavours, high and low. If you do not order the SatNav system you get the low version which has a smaller screen and the 6 disc CD changer is an optional extra (I'm referring to the UK market here - your country may differ). With the Satnav system, you get a larger screen and the 6 disc CD changer is standard.

The Audi Music Interface (AMI) is an optional extra which can only be ordered with the SatNav because it requires the MMI High system. The AMI will allow you to connect an Ipod, or a USB device (cables available separately at extra cost) and control it through the MMI.

At present it is not possible to retrofit the AMI system to MMI high. However, you can have the Denison Gateway 500 (which is Audi Approved) fitted to either system. In the case of MMI low, it emulates the 6 CD changer (or replaces it if fitted). On the MMI high system, you can use either the 6 CD changer or the Ipod/USB device i.e. both are available at all times, selectable via the MMI.

As I said earlier, all of the above relates to the UK market - your region may vary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts