Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok some of you may know my A5 was a ex demo but the thing is im a girl and i what i look for is what colour is it and how big is the boot!!

but im wondering if i have adaptive headlights, reason being i parked up yesterday and i noticed the wheel was turned in but so were the lights.... strange huh!

so is there a way of finding out other than asking my dealer? cause really i should have been paying more attention other than wetting my pants in excitement of getting a sexy new car :eek:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Jen, I think the adaptive lights only work when you're going above a certain speed (I'm sure I read that somewhere!)...

So I guess the only way would be to drive along a quiet winding country road and see if they move...I'm sure I saw a vid done by someone on the site. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well u see not that easy i have adaptive lights on the tt and i dont really see how they work i cant see the lights moving while going round the bends and i can assure you im doin approx 60 mph :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
well after looking at video in other thread, If you cant see your lights moving.... you dont have the adaptive lights cause they move alot. Never thought they would be so good.

·
Registered
290 Posts
are the adaptive headlights standard in the s5?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not in the UK they're not - optional extra :(

·
Registered
415 Posts
are the adaptive headlights standard in the s5?
No. The adaptive headlights only come as an option. The adaptive lights are part of the Premium package in North America.

They're also a required option if you get the S-line package. They are, of course, standard on the S5.

The easy way to tell if you have adaptive lights is to look and see if you have LED running lights. To my knowledge, there are only two kinds of headlights for the A5: standard lights which are not adaptive and do not have LEDs, and the optional lamps which ARE adaptive, and DO have LEDs.

·
Registered
256 Posts
No. The adaptive headlights only come as an option. The adaptive lights are part of the Premium package in North America.
Cars are equipped differently in the US and Canada. The Premium package is standard on S5's in Canada - so adaptive headlights are standard here. In fact, most things are - the options are side assist, nav, and stainless steel inlays.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Cars are equipped differently in the US and Canada. The Premium package is standard on S5's in Canada - so adaptive headlights are standard here. In fact, most things are - the options are side assist, nav, and stainless steel inlays.
Actually, with respect to the lights and premium package, they're not configured differently. I just can't read. I really thought the original question was said "A5."

So I was right...about the wrong thing.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Jen,
As I said in the thread that's linked to above, the way to be certain is to look at the sticker inside your service schedule book. At section 5 on this sticker is the list of options fitted to your car. The code for adaptive lights is 8Q5. If this is amongst your list of 3 character options, then you've got them. If not then you don't. (I think it should be obvious though if you drive down a dark country lane with high beam on - you really can't mistake the movement of the lights for anything else!)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ugh...ignore everything I said upthread. And could an admin find a way to prevent me from posting after drinking?

It's "bi-xenon" (or HID) lights which come with the Premium package, and are always associated with LED running lights. Not all bi-xenon lights are adaptive...it's something you have to have ordered. In the US, you have to get the Technology package for that. And they are not standard on any car, A5 or S5. You always have to get the Tech package to get adaptive lights.

In other markets, they may be a stand alone option. I don't belive they're standard anywhere.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ugh...ignore everything I said upthread. And could an admin find a way to prevent me from posting after drinking?

It's "bi-xenon" (or HID) lights which come with the Premium package, and are always associated with LED running lights. Not all bi-xenon lights are adaptive...it's something you have to have ordered. In the US, you have to get the Technology package for that. And they are not standard on any car, A5 or S5. You always have to get the Tech package to get adaptive lights.

In other markets, they may be a stand alone option. I don't belive they're standard anywhere.
Drinking or not, I'm sticking to my guns. On the S5 in Canada, the adaptive bi-xenons are standard. You can verify here.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok gents i shall have a look in the handbook in the morning not going out there now its bloody cold and well its bedtime :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts