Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I recently bought another 2013 S5 with some light front end damage and managed to pick up a pair of headlights out of a 2014 sportsback, which seem to be the adaptive type. They didn't come with the ballasts and I will be swapping over the existing ballasts. My question is will these fit or is there a harness that will allow me to activate the adaptive feature? Headlights are 8T0 941 032D & 8T0 941 031D

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think you need a new module to get them working mate but I'm not 100% sure

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too fussed if they don't work as long as auto levelling works and it doesn't throw any errors on the dash.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I mean to get them to work at all. I thought there was big diffeences on alot of things on the Adaptive vs non adaptive I think it will throw some errors mate

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
I looked in to this and found that while some were able to get the AFS headlights to work/light, there was a persistent error on the dash and the leveling function did not work. Seems like it would be a significant undertaking to get the proper modules, coding, and wiring done for it to be 100% functional. If you can buy the whole 2014 and then source all the modules, wiring, etc. then you could probably get it to work, but that will be a ton of time, effort, and cash too most likely.

General consensus is to stick with (or source) the original type (AFS/non-AFS) headlights. AFS has 2 plugs, non-AFS has only 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts