Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that the 2009 A5/S5 have adaptive cruise control as an option. I have a 2008 A5, can I upgrade to adaptive cruise control???

Thx

·
Registered
83 Posts
I highly doubt that would be an easy task. It requires special sensors in the bumpers and probably some other things I don't know about.

Where are you seeing 2009 specs? I'd love to see those!

·
Registered
415 Posts
With few exceptions, any factory-equipped electronic option can be added after the fact to any car...if you want to spend the money. Generally, you'll be dismayed to learn how many parts you really have to replace. A lot of times, you learn that by the time you buy the parts, control modules, switches, trim pieces, and everything else that's different in cars that have the option, the cost becomes prohibitive.

For something as tightly integrated as adaptive cruise control, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the cost of retrofitting it is more than the cost of trading in on a new model with the option you want.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, I doubt ACC would be a simple "plug in" that could be easily retro-fitted. The front sensor Poindexter referenced can be seen here. It's located next to the fog light, and it detracts from the good looks of the car, IMO.

For something as tightly integrated as adaptive cruise control, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the cost of retrofitting it is more than the cost of trading in on a new model with the option you want.
Agreed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts