Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have photo of adaptive cruise control, I heard the camera lens is in a hideous position and it looks awkward messes up beauty of the car?

Anyone seen it, or has picture?

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Acadia,

I was down my parts department tonight to review their findings on the Homelink retrofit see

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/homelink-retrofit-possable-4225/index.html?p=46344#post46344

We were looking for the home link transmitter located behind the grill and in the exploded view for the 09 A5 the Camera for the advanced cruise control is shown as hidden behind the MAIN front grill, I quizzed them as to the location of the camera in the 08 and its not showing in the same place, so we figured that Audi must have relocated it from the bottom LHS.

I would get back to a GOOD local dealer and get a straight answer or go direct to Audi UK/USA and find out.

Hope that helps. ;)

R

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Acadia,

I was down my parts department tonight to review their findings on the Homelink retrofit see

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/homelink-retrofit-possable-4225/index.html?p=46344#post46344

We were looking for the home link transmitter located behind the grill and in the exploded view for the 09 A5 the Camera for the advanced cruise control is shown as hidden behind the MAIN front grill, I quizzed them as to the location of the camera in the 08 and its not showing in the same place, so we figured that Audi must have relocated it from the bottom LHS.

I would get back to a GOOD local dealer and get a straight answer or go direct to Audi UK/USA and find out.

Hope that helps. ;)

R

Fantastic, thanks!!! Hopefully, that's where it is now, I kept my order the same!

I don't know if that is true for US orders though, but if it isn't maybe it can be retrofitted for US orders.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just my 2 cents, I don't think the information on the location of the adaptive cruise sensor is necessarily right. That is where it sits on the A6/A8 (bottom of grille with visible plate) and Q7 (hidden behind grille)... but I have seen 2009 A5 (Euro-spec) with the cruise sensor in the same place visible next to right fog light AND the new Q5 based on A4/A5 coming into sale soon also has the adaptive cruise visible next to the right fog light, clearly visible in pictures.

My guess is they either interpreted the homelink image wrong or Audi re-used some picture in the spare part system that didn't quite reflect A5/S5.

This does not mean they couldn't have changed its place, of course, but I am personally not confident that is necessarily the case either.

If Audi did move it and they interpreted the image right, good move, though. The sensor looks much better on the A6/A8 (or even better on Q7) hidden behind the grille.

Anyway, it is a good accessory and absolutely keep your order the same, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just my 2 cents, I don't think the information on the location of the adaptive cruise sensor is necessarily right. That is where it sits on the A6/A8 (bottom of grille with visible plate) and Q7 (hidden behind grille)... but I have seen 2009 A5 (Euro-spec) with the cruise sensor in the same place visible next to right fog light AND the new Q5 based on A4/A5 coming into sale soon also has the adaptive cruise visible next to the right fog light, clearly visible in pictures.

My guess is they either interpreted the homelink image wrong or Audi re-used some picture in the spare part system that didn't quite reflect A5/S5.

This does not mean they couldn't have changed its place, of course, but I am personally not confident that is necessarily the case either.

If Audi did move it and they interpreted the image right, good move, though. The sensor looks much better on the A6/A8 (or even better on Q7) hidden behind the grille.

Anyway, it is a good accessory and absolutely keep your order the same, don't worry about it.
Yeah, I decided to do that, if they move it in the future I'm sure it will be an easy enough mod to move it on my car.

·
Registered
437 Posts
adaptive cruise unclarified

I was reading sept issue of car magazine (carmagazine.co.uk) from UK and the 2009 A5 on page 154 is stated to have adaptive cruise and it looks like 2 little cameras under license plate holder (undetected unless you look really close)

Can we get this clarified, as I would like to add the option, but do not want it to be next to fog light.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I was reading sept issue of car magazine (carmagazine.co.uk) from UK and the 2009 A5 on page 154 is stated to have adaptive cruise and it looks like 2 little cameras under license plate holder (undetected unless you look really close)
Without seeing the picture you're looking at, I'd say that those are almost certainly the 2 central sensors for the parking plus system. The other 2 are between the fog lights and head-lamp washers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My S5 is 3 weeks old; the sensor of the ACC is on the right side, between the grill and the foglight ... I don't think they're going to change that soon because of production reasons. Audi also still mounts the old MMI system and the old tiptronic instead of the new S-tronic (unfortunately). By the way, does anyone know how to hack the computerprogram of that Adaptive Cruise Control? It's a nice toy, but I sure would like to reprogram it!

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
437 Posts
adaptive cruise

So how will you know which version your car will come with. My car is set for delivery in Dec 08.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.