Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I am a newbie to this site so point me in the write direction if i have done some thing wrong here.
I have an Audi 2013 s5 and trying to activate the voice recognition on the steering wheel but can not work out how to do it.
Can it me accessed via the hidden menu some where ?.

On my ford we downloaded a windows program called Forscan which would let you interrogate the car via an OBD2.
Am i write in thinking that the equivilant here is VAG-COM ?
Is there any other ways of doing this please.

Thanks in advance for any help here.

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi

I might sound a bit stupid here are you saying that you have to use the vag and it cannot be done any other way. ?

Thanks

Jim

Still confused here spoke to a Audi service centre in kent and they have told me they have ODIS software but not sure if this will do what i want it to do.
Any ideas please.

Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to 4Rings in Dartford,Kent Extremely helpful activated the engineer screen, voice command and confirmation on set and unset of alarm.

Would highly recommend.

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
I activated mine with Carista app.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Can you explain how? In mine carista this activation doesn't exist.

Regards.
It exists in mine, so don't really know how to reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your quick response.
After contact with carista customer support, that activation only works if you have MMI, not for concert or symphony radios.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I have 2016 Audi S5 Cabriolet. I ordered a Carista Module and it made the change to activate Voice Recognition. You have to do a restart on your MMI after making the change. It worked GREAT!! Thank You Carista!!! Worth the $ on Amazon. I did the one week trial and will do more if needed in the future. Also was able to make some neat little changes with the lights etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts