Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I get a little curious from time to time and decided to check the accuracy of the mpg shown on my trip computer. My previous Audi's (A4 and TT) were both nearly 10% optimistic. I know that brim to brim tests are not entirely accurate either but tend to be more so than trip computers.

In 2 separate tests of 2000 miles each in the last couple of months the results are as follows;

Trip computer 38.6mpg
Actual 37.3mpg

Trip computer 38.1mpg
Actual 37 mpg

Not particularly exciting I know but reassuring to know that the figures displayed are reasonably accurate.

Now I'm off to see my therapist again :eek:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
'I know that brim to brim tests are not entirely accurate either but tend to be more so than trip computers.'

You said it yourself... I think the margins are about 3% or on a 10 gallon fill up a couple of pints (just over a litre).

Shall we see if anyone else needs a badge for their anorak. ;-)

Is it worth worrying about? Our Diseasels are seriously quick and seriously economical +/- 3% !!

RG

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
LOL - I asked for that one didn't I.:eek:
Fraid so, I recall years ago going to a campsite where some caravan club folk were scrutinising how many miles people had travelled, what their tyre pressures were etc etc...

I'm just happy to be getting approaching 40mpg on a regular basis and more if I am gentle on the gas..

Cheers

RG

PS Just reminded me I only have 6.187mm of water in the washer bottle, need to fill up in the morning... should I use Malvern, Perrier or Evian... oh the difficult decisions these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts