Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently been seeing the following error code and not sure quite what it is.

P03BC - Key 2

It does come back after a clear (I'm using key 2 as my main, wife is using key 1).

I've googled a bit and found most people seem to see other symptoms (error codes about voltage(presumably battery) or messages about the key not pairing and not letting them drive).

In terms of symptoms, I've seen the following:

• Every 4-5 times I get in after the wife has driven, the driver side seat memory doesn't work
  • 3-4 times in total the car has locked itself after I've got out and when I press unlock (to get my daughter out of the back) it's immediately locked itself again (as I open the door). Unlocking after this works ok and things then work as normal.
  • A couple of times when I've been washing the car with the key in my pocket the car seems to sporadically lock and unlock (maybe when I'm walking away and coming close again?)

Is this anything people have seen before? are there steps I can use to re-pair the key? could it just be a low battery?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case this helps anyone, after seeing the error code I saw a message ping up on the dashboard about charging the battery and had an image of the key.

I've replaced the battery (it's a CR2032) and it seems to have solved the problem. Cleared the code and it hasn't come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts