Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that when I accelerate my 6-speed S5 slowly in low gears, there is a feeling of resistance or a drag that comes and goes, especially between 2000-3000rpm. It is a little like feeling a fish biting on your line. This is not felt when I accelerate more aggressively. Is this normal for the S5?

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have the same thing on my A5 3.2
it's not like a misfire
it's more like something switching in the engine from one setting to the other
good description when you said about fishing line
i noticed it today several times
when i was coasting and held the gear engaged
when i tried to accelerate again
there was that pause you mentioned
then it accelerated fine

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice to see somebody with an S5 in my area. What color do you have albi? Dont tell me it's silver! I saw some guy with a Silver S5 coming out of the Walmart parking lot. I said to myself, "Some jerk beat me to it!"

Once I get mine, we should meet up!
December that is lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
Blame it on the elctronic throttle. It is deciding if your foot just accidently pushed the pedal or if you are trying to accelerate gently. the 2-3k range is the spot for usual cruising speeds. It thinks you went over a bump and your foot pushed the gas by mistake, so until it realizes that you wanted to depress the pedal that little extra (like a second or two) it doesn't accelerate. However, when you put it to the floor it knows what you want to do instantly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
it seems all these tricks to make the car smoother
make it worse
i hate the anti-stall feature, it actualy makes the car stall. when you hear the revs rise you take your foot off the gas so it stalls

and this apparently is the same thing
just give us a car designed for the people who know how to drive
and don't need everything done for them

i also thought it might be the brake drying feature

·
Registered
204 Posts
Glad to see I'm not going crazy. I really feel it when going around the round abouts... yes there are few here in the states. I wonder if it will get better as we go. I know the mercedes I had adjusted throttle response to the driver over time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts