Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the 2.0 TFSI 211PS Quattro Sport, just done 1500 miles. Everything is fine on accelleration in 1st and 2nd, but if i am in 3rd gear and floor it i get what feels like surging in the accelleration. Feels like it is holding back then comes on strong and then holds back again. Road conditions are good so i dont assume it to be a traction control issue.

Any ideas?????:confused:

·
Registered
714 Posts
What RPM does this happen at? Isn't it just the turbo kicking in?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i thought it might be but it doesnt explain how it surges then hangs back then surges again, bit like the power is coming in waves????

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, i'm going to get it re-mapped so will get it on a RR then and checked out.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
...could be a huge flat-spot, or more likely a turbo/power management issue... the old 2.7 biturbo I had used to do a similar thing, as it would still have a 'charge' of fuel and air when you lifted off and would over-rev and if you planted your foot to over take, hesitated and then planted again it would sort of bog-down for a second and then take-off like a bat out of hell!

...The power in turbo cars is heavily managed (how it uses the turbo) and it is likely to be this that's causing this behaviour. Why it's so aparrent in your car I don't know.

I expect a remap will remove this problem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bacchus.... I would probably get the problem looked at and rectified by a dealer first under warranty before you do the remap...for two reasons
1...just in case you void the warranty and the dealer points the finger at the remap as the cause of the problem.
2...if it is something more than just a software issue, you might waste your money on the remap or worse still it might cause some sort of damage....

Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, i'll book it in and get it looked at in Audi.

It does seem to have improved, maybe bedding in, as i have only just done 3,000 miles??

B:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts