Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you stop the AC coming on auto when you turn on the heating in the car??? i hate the ac system yuck :( always hated it since my convertible :confused:

·
Registered
415 Posts
On most Audi/VW climate control systems, the "Econ" button serves as an A/C killer. With Econ ON, the car will do all it can to adjust the temperature without turning on the A/C compressor.

I can only presume at this point that the A5 has such a button.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not seen one :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is a button in the middle of (at the bottom of your dash) that controls the AC (called AC on/off) press it so the light is switched of and it should remember your settings next time you start the ignition. No need to mess around in the MMI settings for this...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive pushed that button and when i start the next day its forgotten my settings :mad:

·
Registered
151 Posts
You may want to get it checked out then... it should definately remember your settings. Every Audi I've had has (A4, A8, S4, A5)... strange as normally remembers the settings for the last key used in the ignition.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my one has the advanced key so it doesnt come out of my handbag....

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i dont have it in my bag i forget it hehehe.....

mmmm i may pop up and see aberdeen audi......

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just to say i fiddled with some knobs last night and when i started her this morning it was off :D

so what ever you told me to do its worked!!

thank you

·
Registered
275 Posts
IN ctual fact you don't relally need to turn off the A/C. The A/C is linked to the climate control system in the car. If you program 23° in your car, by leaving it on auto, if outside temperature ( and air temperature through cars system) is less than 23°, it simply heats, without the A/C. The A/C compressor only kicks if outside temperature is higher and air needs to be cooled. If you turn off the auto mode, then it will blow23° air, but not maintain the temperature ( therefore if it is 22° and sunny outside, your car will be warmer than 23, and if it is 0° outside, the car will be cooler than 23).

So it only makes sense to turn off the A/C ( Eco mode) if you want to reduce fuel consumption and if you don't care about the exact temperature (assuming it is warmer outside than in the car).

And when you do this, it doesn't dry out any of the humidity, and your car will ultimately fog up inside the windows......

Best to leave A/C on auto, select your comfortable temperature and let it do its work.

Also, did you notice that if you press the center of the temperature knob on the drivers side, it then sets the temperature for both driver and passenger to the drivers temperature, and then adjusts both sides to the same temperature when you adjust the drivers side ( this is cancelled if you set the passengers side separately)....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dear when is it ever above 23c in Aberdeen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER:mad: :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
You lot are great fun. I couldn't imagine it without my A/C. Just about to enter Autumn here and still 30oC outside. Not looking forward to winter with those chillly 16oC days... :D

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
16 fleeping eck thats summer here in aberdeen!!! :eek:

ac bad for me makes me chilly need car to het up fast and bloody ac comes on maks me chill..... not cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts