Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABT tuning available from April 2008 - no prices yet.

ABT POWER (ECU)
1,8l TFSI 125 KW (170 PS), 250 Nm: upgrade to 147 KW (200 PS), 280 Nm
2,7l TDI 140 KW (190 PS), 400 Nm: upgrade to 162 KW (230 PS), 450 Nm
3,0l TDI 176 KW (240 PS), 500 Nm: upgrade to 199 KW (270 PS), 550 Nm

ABT POWER S (ECU + ABT TURBO CHARGER)
1,8l TFSI 125 KW (170 PS), 250 Nm: upgrade to 177 KW (240 PS), 310 Nm
3,0l TDI 176 KW (240 PS), 500 Nm: upgrade to 221 KW (300 PS), 600 Nm

·
Registered
84 Posts
2,7l TDI 140 KW (190 PS), 400 Nm: upgrade to 162 KW (230 PS), 450 Nm
I'd be interested to see more details of that one and whether it includes any transmission modifications as well; I'm pretty sure the gearbox fitted to that engine struggles with anything higher than 400Nm.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ABT are very smart tuners, if the gearbox couldn't handle it they wouldn't do it. Also some of their stuff is Audi approved too so I wouldn't worry about it.

The 2.7 TDi with an ECU remap to 230ps would most likely be able to keep up with a standard 3.0TDi if not be a little faster as it wouldn't lose power through quattro because its front wheel drive.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The 2.7 TDi with an ECU remap to 230ps would most likely be able to keep up with a standard 3.0TDi if not be a little faster as it wouldn't lose power through quattro because its front wheel drive.
Aye, as I understand it they're (2.7 and 3.0) essentially the same engine, but with different cylinder bore.

I'd like to see a 3.0TDi with the multitronic 'box if Audi can pull it off; I never thought I'd go for an auto, but after driving the 2.7 I was sold :) . It runs rings round anything BMW have done recently...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to see a 3.0TDi with the multitronic 'box if Audi can pull it off;
Multitronic can only be used on front wheel drive audis, so the 3.0TDi being quattro will come with Triptronic which is different from Multitronic.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
stage 1 is jsut ECU remap, Power S is ECU remap + Turbolader (don't know how its called in english, turbocharger??)

EDIT: for those who would like to know, pricing for stage one (ECU)
here in EU price is 1550€ (2400$)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thats pretty pricey if you ask me, for just a remap. So the Turbo S package they change the turbo or something? Thanks for the info though Audilicious.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ABT is based in lower Germany (Beieren)
but all parts should be able to be ordered with your local dealer
since the 2 are partners, expect long delivery time though

·
Registered
636 Posts
Interesting stuff. According to the spec sheet the 0-100km time is only increased by 0.4 of a second. Seems lots of money for little gain.

That said, you would have thought 210bhp would be a little quicker. I know nothing about remaps or mods though.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have mentioned this in an earlier post, they are very expensive for the modest gains you get....

I think their sales spin relies on being a very good partner with Audi....

·
Registered
36 Posts
ABT is based in lower Germany (Beieren)
but all parts should be able to be ordered with your local dealer
since the 2 are partners, expect long delivery time though
They need to remove the ECU board, send it to Germany and have it done by ABT. So expect a few days without your A5.

·
Registered
111 Posts
indeed, you will be out of car for some time
now i think about heading over there(Kempten) myself with the car, roughly 750km's from here
for only reason that it will be done in less than several hours, + only 19%VAT
contra here in belgium 21%VAT + the costs that the dealer counts for the chip

i sent an email for informing after the price and exact perfomance for the ABT Power S
once i got response i will post it here ;) along with eventually dyno sheet

·
Registered
111 Posts
so i got an answer from Abt..
they have not decided yet if they will release the Power S program (turbocharger)
BUT! if they will have it, results are expected to go around 250Hp with turbocharger and chip (chip only 170->210hp)

for me i hope they release it starting next year, then i'll have my A5 and can start modding.. i'll wait some miles to run the engine in ;)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Interesting stuff. According to the spec sheet the 0-100km time is only increased by 0.4 of a second. Seems lots of money for little gain.

That said, you would have thought 210bhp would be a little quicker. I know nothing about remaps or mods though.
I spotted that as well but the torque goes up significantly. Personally I'm very happy with the 1.8T (although the gloss is coming off having seen the specs of the 2.0T sob sob). 0-62mph is fine for me, but a little more torque to help in the mid range would be appreciated and I suspect the same is true for many other 1.8T owners.

Mine's a company car so I don't think I'll be making any changes as this almost certainly breaks the conditions of my car scheme and I'm not paying extra to upgrade a car I don't truly own.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts