1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Yes they did, though it's still not as bad as the Caractere horror shows.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Take note of my comment on Jalopnik (I'm Ray Dollete). I call BS on their 510 hp.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They ruined such a beautiful car.
:thumbsdown:..They did.......The "skirt" on the side, under the door, looks poor and like it's been stuck on!! (which it has..I know!!) The S5 and S-Line has a simple side skirt which looks cool. Thinking of this as a mod to my5..but jury still out as I love the sweeping lines at the mo. Even the add on side skirt from Audi stealers looks poor, which is a shame as it's direct from them.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm pretty sure ABT uses an A5 as it's base - not an S5.... and the article doesn't mention anything about an engine swap to the V8.

ABT Sportsline has achieved plenty of success with the AS5, which is based on Audi's A5 - as the coupe has a dynamic and elegant design, is full of technical power and also quick. All this makes it a "real" ABT. Now the company from Kempten has brought out the jewel in this range - the AS5-R

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is it just me or was there absolutely no info on the engine mods involved? As for the look, well maybe someone might like it. Just not to my taste. Or possibly anyone with any taste at all, which most of us must have since we bought the car to start with...So assuming the car belongs to abt, one must ask the question. Why? Might be time to merge this thread to the "destroyed Beauty" one.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Is it just me or was there absolutely no info on the engine mods involved?
Lol, did you see my comment about how I don't believe for a second that the engine mods even exist?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lol, did you see my comment about how I don't believe for a second that the engine mods even exist?
Yes I saw your comments but that was your opinion. I'm just curious if anyone knows definitively

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Yes I saw your comments but that was your opinion. I'm just curious if anyone knows definitively
That's true but it's definitely odd that they wouldn't publish a single detail about their upgrades. The only power mod for the 4.2 their site cliams is "chip tuning" which is "available at: 04/2008". Now that it's 03/2009 I still don't even see this chip tuning available, let alone anything that would produce remotely close to 510hp. I'd love to be wrong on this, as we're in dire need of big horsepower mods, but it just looks way too fishy to me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's true but it's definitely odd that they wouldn't publish a single detail about their upgrades. The only power mod for the 4.2 their site cliams is "chip tuning" which is "available at: 04/2008". Now that it's 03/2009 I still don't even see this chip tuning available, let alone anything that would produce remotely close to 510hp. I'd love to be wrong on this, as we're in dire need of big horsepower mods, but it just looks way too fishy to me.
Yeah with you on that one, a chip? I don't think so, Will be interesting to talk to the guys that quattrojoe has found in our home town. Maybe with the possibility of getting a few of them done they may be tempted into revealing the big secret:yikes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.