Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm bout to place an order for an Auto A5 and I'm trying to understand the ordering process. Been getting conflicting info. So I place order end of this week , expecting it to be delivered by June/ July. Now, the part that confuses me is how sure dealers will get the car in. I've heard dealers say they can get the car by June while other dealers have to wait till September and other dealers have no clue when the car is going to come. Anyone want to help me explaining the ordering and allocation process? Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think a lot of the variable wait times has to do with how far down on the wait list for allocations you are. At my dealer, I had no one taking any allocations ahead of me....so it will end up being about 70 days from order to delivery for me (knock on wood).

How long you have to wait on the list before they can even place the order is up to you and your dealer. Ask how many allocations they need before they get to your place in line. Whenever they are able to place the order, they'll get an expected build date immediately. You should be able to get a copy of the order confirmation that shows the specs of your car, along with the requested and the expected build weeks. In my case, the dealer requested a build date about 4 weeks ahead (the earliest their allocation would allow them), but it immediately came back as week 13.

Plan on the initially estimated date to change at any point before production starts. When other orders get cancelled or the production line gets behind, the date can shift forward or back. As I mentioned, my original quoted build week (at the time I ordered) was 13...that's the week starting March 31. But right now, that same week is listed as the estimated dealer delivery date. So my order moved up about 3 weeks sooner.

But, in short, you'll know exactly when your car is expected when you actually place the order. There's no reason it should be much longer than about 3 months at this point. If it's longer because of a wait at your dealer, soncider visiting another dealer with more available allocations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts