Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now officially HATE Tesco carparks! I was washing my car yesterday and having not noticed it when I did the same last week, there's now a big parking dent in the rear quarter panel, just in front of the rear wheel arch, behind the door and level with the door handle. It's really obvious (especially since I've washed it) and the only place it could have happened would have been Tescos.

I've also got a scrape on the rear bumper (looks like from someone's tow bar), and suspect that's also from Tescos, but it did happen a few weeks ago and I've just lived with it up to now as it's not quite so bad.

So my car's going in to Audi next week to get the software update done and repair these 2 dings. Annoying as it's going to cost me at least £150 for the two repairs, and possibly more if they've got to get in behind the interior trim in the rear if they can't just pull the dent out from the outside. Scrape on the bumper should be easier at least...

I tried taking some pictures, but they didn't really come out. Suffice to say that the A5 was originally advertised as a 'Symphony of Lines' - well this most definitely ruins those lines and really stands out!

Sadly the option of parking away from anyone else is normally not an option in my local Tesco carpark as it's often completely full.

I'm hoping these things don't always come in threes!

:mad:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I dont know about you but I can park my car so far away from anyone in a half empty car park and when I get back to it some tosser as parked so close i need a tin opener to get out. And guess what the car park is still half empty:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is what I'm dreading. I reckon any sort of ding will be very obvious on the A5, which is why I'll be taking the wife's car on anny shopping expeditions.

Hope you get it sorted out alright.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I feel for you... happened to me a few weeks back. Just why can't people take more care.

I have to park in a carpark quite often and find myself carefully picking spaces away from older cars, coupes (bigger doors) and vans and also picking spaces with two passenger sides facing my car as most cars have only one occupant and so will only be opening the driver's door.

Mostly I take the wifes car to the supermarket though. ;) If you dent the Landrover, I'll just drive right over your car! ;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
You know it's one of lifes little things that really bugs me.........other drivers not taking care of other peoples cars......aggghhhhhhh :mad: Its happend to me so many times over the years .......and I do take care what I park next to (no cars with child seats as the doors are often flung open) and where.......tossers!!!!

Anyway....each time i've been pranged ive called out dent wizard. Usually have managed to get a slot within 48hrs and you really dont know they have been there after.

Hope its sorted for you soon and its as good as new:)
G

·
Registered
42 Posts
Supermarket Car Parks

Low-life in these car parks.

Total lack of respect.

I once read of a guy who was heavily into 'revenge'.... He carried wooden toothpicks and superglue.....

Door/boot locks don't work too well when jammed up with glue & wood....
Modern remotes get around this though....

As usual, steer clear of 4x4s and cars with child-seats.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I could never take the S5 to a supermarket car park. Guaranteed door bashing, and if not, some twat will leave their trolly in the parking bay, which will eventually roll onto the S5 somehow.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I once read of a guy who was heavily into 'revenge'.... He carried wooden toothpicks and superglue.....

I keep a valve core removal tool in my car. Remove the dust-cap, a couple of turns anti clock-wise on the valve core, dust-cap back on. The plonker thinks he/she has a puncture (or two). I know, I'm a sad bar-steward & honestly I haven't resorted to this for ages. :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I still have the windscreen wipers of the last van that scratched my car!

;)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I absolutely HATE supermarket car parks - because of the people who occupy them.

It's always (sorry to say this) WOMEN who drive a clapped up banger who have completely no repect for other people's property. Their car - it's just something they use to get to the supermarket. Their thoughts - "how can a car actually mean that much to someone?" It's this stupid ignorance that completely irritates me.

A few months back, I stopped at the petrol station. The petrol pumps have a shared area where two cars park between pumps. SO, i've filled up, come back out, and get into my car. The car beside me has done the same. The old woman in the passenger side of her car SWINGS the door open for it to hit my drivers door! Idiot! And then does the off!

Luckilly, it hit my door handle and didnt actually do any damage. If it was the bodywork, it would have certainly left at least a dent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't forget the angle of approch on someones drive.

Driving out of the local one stop carpark the angle of approach to rejoin the main road, the front vallance scrapes the tarmac, wife overjoyed as it wasn,t her driving(threatend to evict her from car if she didn't stop smirking) .
Have bought an old discovery just for shopping !!! I must be the saddest person to be polishing the scratches out of a part you cant see !

·
Registered
750 Posts
ouch...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, Managed to get a couple of better pictures of the handiwork some Chav did to my rear wing (I nearly said 'good' pictures, but then there's nothing good about it...)

Booked in for repair on Wednesday (along with software update) so hopefully all back to how it was intended by Walter da Silva by Thursday.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
That makes a knot in my stomach. Looks like the paint is intact, so a Dent Wizard type should be able to smooth it right out. But it's still painful to see.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Shame on you blaming the poor old people at Tesco, thats a golf ball dent ;) You may fool the wife but not us !!!!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
OK, Managed to get a couple of better pictures of the handiwork some Chav did to my rear wing (I nearly said 'good' pictures, but then there's nothing good about it...)

Booked in for repair on Wednesday (along with software update) so hopefully all back to how it was intended by Walter da Silva by Thursday.
'
Ow! Dude that's painful to see. Someone definately needs strangling. :mad:

However, to make the best of the situation, you cold paint a small black crcle about 9mm in diameter in the centre and then around this paint a thin circle in a dull silver and it would look like a bullet hole. At least that way, people would think your car was really 'hard'. ;)

Seriously though, I hope it can be sorted with little expense and inconvenience.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Ironic that your username is scratch113.

Anyway, how'd the dent repair turn out? I put a very small dent about 12 inches behind the gas cover with my chin, after my socket cracked as I was loosening a lug nut (to replace with locking lug). It's minor, but something that will bother the heck out of me everytime I look at it. Not to mention I've had the car for a week. :wall:

Are minor dents like this easy to repair without ruining the paint?

·
Registered
457 Posts
in the past I set aside one visit every six months or so for the dent doctor to get accumulated dents taken out of my cars. It usually ran about $20 a dent. Now, I think I would have to go right away if I found any dents. I always park way out and on end spots if possible.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts