Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to Keyes Audi in Van Nuys CA today and they had 3 A5's one which was an automatic S-Line which we took for a drive. The V6 had plenty of power and it handled great. All 3 were configured with 19in wheels. As I'm trying to figure out how to configure mine I have a couple of questions

Standard seats are rather flat (uncontoured) and not nearly as comfortable as the S-line seats. Is it possible get the cinammon leather with an S-line A5? I saw the cinammon/black interior and its an absolutely beautiful combo. Wish there was a way to just get the S-line interior.

Is there steering wheel adjustable? I'm about 6'2" and the top of the wheel blocked my view to the tach/speedo which I'd think it would for anyone over 6'. Saleperson I was with didn't think it was and I forgot to ask someone else before I left.

Wondering about the 19 inch wheels. The look great but honestly 18's would be probably be fine and give a slightly softer ride. Just for comparison, the BMW 6 series comes standard with 18's and the standard wheel on the 3 series is a 17.

As I've never owned an Audi, not sure if they ever change the configuration packages/options from year to year as some of the choices seem limited. Its a beautiful car and I want one and my biggest decision whether I want one now or wait for an 09.

·
Registered
314 Posts
You cannot get cinnamon with S-Line unfortunately.

The steering wheel is adjustable

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow thanks for the quick reply and the good news about the steering wheel. Does audi limit the interior color to black on their other models with the s-line option? For whatever reason, no such limitation is present with the S5 or the standard A5.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow thanks for the quick reply and the good news about the steering wheel. Does audi limit the interior color to black on their other models with the s-line option? For whatever reason, no such limitation is present with the S5 or the standard A5.
Unfortunately all S-line packages have black leather, there is a rumor that 20" RS4 wheels will be offered during the middle of this year on A5s.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Went to Keyes Audi in Van Nuys CA today and they had 3 A5's one which was an automatic S-Line which we took for a drive. The V6 had plenty of power and it handled great. All 3 were configured with 19in wheels. As I'm trying to figure out how to configure mine I have a couple of questions

Standard seats are rather flat (uncontoured) and not nearly as comfortable as the S-line seats. Is it possible get the cinammon leather with an S-line A5? I saw the cinammon/black interior and its an absolutely beautiful combo. Wish there was a way to just get the S-line interior.

Is there steering wheel adjustable? I'm about 6'2" and the top of the wheel blocked my view to the tach/speedo which I'd think it would for anyone over 6'. Saleperson I was with didn't think it was and I forgot to ask someone else before I left.

Wondering about the 19 inch wheels. The look great but honestly 18's would be probably be fine and give a slightly softer ride. Just for comparison, the BMW 6 series comes standard with 18's and the standard wheel on the 3 series is a 17.

As I've never owned an Audi, not sure if they ever change the configuration packages/options from year to year as some of the choices seem limited. Its a beautiful car and I want one and my biggest decision whether I want one now or wait for an 09.
was the A5 sline a demo or for sale?!?! i put down a deposit on a A5 Sline tiptronic at west covina audi! i hope i can take delivery by end of this month!!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Unfortunately all S-line packages have black leather, there is a rumor that 20" RS4 wheels will be offered during the middle of this year on A5s.
FYI, those 20" RS4 style wheels are already available in some other countries like Germany. The wheels are displayed in the configurator on the Audi German site as "Cast aluminum Audi exclusive 9 x 20 inch 7-double-spoke design" wheels.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Now that I do not know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, just read through that thread and you were (and still are) correct about the seating. Not sure why Audi chose to limit the seating color options for the US market or not allow some of the options, like sport seating,to be ala-carte. The relatively late release of the A5 car is the US is a little baffling. Interestingly, if you configure an A5 S-line with the premium package, which is essentially standard on the S5, the price difference between the cars is 5900.

roundersfan,
The A5 S-line was a demo, they had two standard A5 models for sale. One was deep blue with cinammon/black, the other was black on black. Both had 19's and Premium Package. Can't recall if they were manual or tiptronic but you could call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A5 performance vs. bmw 335xi

Fell in love with the s5, but can't wait until the fall at earliest for the automatic. So, question is, do I go down to the A5 auto and if so does anyone have one that can respond to the horsepower issue and weight issues versus the BMW 335xi. A5 is 265 horse vs 300 w/twin turbos, A5 wighs in about 400 lbs. heavier. Audi has better lines and since I am a golfer the Audi trunk space is much larger. Interested in all thoughts here, need to do something by end of May.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Fell in love with the s5, but can't wait until the fall at earliest for the automatic. So, question is, do I go down to the A5 auto and if so does anyone have one that can respond to the horsepower issue and weight issues versus the BMW 335xi. A5 is 265 horse vs 300 w/twin turbos, A5 wighs in about 400 lbs. heavier. Audi has better lines and since I am a golfer the Audi trunk space is much larger. Interested in all thoughts here, need to do something by end of May.

Thanks
You might find some helpful information in this thread discussing A5 vs. BMW 335: http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/audi-a5-3-1253/index.html

·
Registered
536 Posts

Thanks
A 335i (or 335xi), especially a 6 speed, will kill an A5 in the performance department. In fact, a 335i is more comparable, speed wise, to an S5. Their performance is pretty much neck and neck. If I were you, I would get a 335i, but I would get it in 6speed. I have driven an auto 335 and a 6speed, and it feels like a totally different car in 6speed form. Even if you get an auto 335i, I would still get it over the Audi, unless you absolutly love the exterior of the A5 and hate the looks of the 335xi. Although I feel the auto tranny in the A5 has slightly quicker shifts than the 335i.

I was actually deciding between an S5 and 335i, not A5, and I did chose the S5. The 335 is fun as hell, but the S5 has an amazing grunty V8 with plenty power and a lot more presence than the 335i. Although, because of the shitty lease numbers on the S5, I am pretty sure that, although around 5k more, the lease numbers on an M3 will be similar to those in the S5, so I am now considering an M3 (I am currently number 7 on the M3 coupe waiting list at a local BMW dealership). Although I probably will end up with the S5 to be honest, just because living in NY and PA, a 415 HP rear wheel drive car isn't going to be good in the cold, or wet, let alone snow, and even with snows on, it won't be nearly as good in the winter as an S5 with snows.

As said before, there are a lot of other threads concerning this comparison. Regardless of what you choose, both cars are great and you will enjoy either.

Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.