Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I love about the S5's (apart from the V8 :rolleyes:) is the Silver wing mirror covers.

I know a few on the forum have changed the covers on their A5's over and I’m seriously thinking about it too. What's the general consensus, I’m not looking to make my A5 look like an S5 badges, body kits etc, I just love the contrast, especially against the Phantom Black the silver gives.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Sounds like you answered your own question. If you love the look then do it.....

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I love the S5 mirror caps too on Phantoms, was never too keen on them for the old RS4's but on the A/S5 they look fantastic. Think I will stick too lowering/spacers/remap.

If you like them go for it, I dont think anyone will mind, its your car at the end of the day. Just as long as you dont deface your car with vinyl.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, thanks lads, i couldn't think of anything worse, it should be a crime!

But wait oh sorry yes i can : :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
only on an S5 for me im afraid but its really upto you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, just joined so will post picture soon. I have just fitted the silver mirrors to my Phantom Black A5 last week. I think they look great, but I think it’s each to their own. By the way very easy to fit and bought them off eBay (original Audi parts).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Adds. Welcome to IMO one of the best forums out there. Spec on your A5 is nearly the same as mine, what’s your engine? We need to know these things!

Post some pictures when you can, if you fancy a meet, there are a few of us heading over to Norfolk on the 6th of September.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/norfolk-meet-6th-3895/index.html

Any other Mods planned? I’m definitely putting the S5 caps on mine, and too have ordered from e-bay! Haven’t even got the car yet, and she is already costing me a small fortune!

Enjoy and welcome again. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think you should fit them, its nice to be slightly different to other A5's like you say, its a nice contrast with Phantom Black and compliments the grille...:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry Bungle2822, I have the 3.0Tdi and have updated my details. I will take some photo's over the weekend and then post. By the way buy a small glass sucker from Maplins cost £3.00 and it makes it much easier to take the mirrors off without breaking them. Just stick them on towards the top of the mirror and pull.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Adds, nice thought about the glass puller, found one on ebay £3.30 inc P&P - it would cost me more to start the car and drive to the local Maplins store than get it delivered - and anyway the less i have to get into this crappy Vauxhall the better ... oh please hurry up 29th Aug delivery!! So do you fancy the Norwich meet?

When did you take delivery of your A5? How are you finding the ride - it is worth the wait? It's been a while since i drove one before ordering. Im hoping the dealer will let me drive her home on trade plates next Friday, and i cant help feeling i'll be setting the alarm clock for 00:01 on the 1st of Sept! Oh how sad....

R

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure about the meet yet as I have had a small op and have to allow 4 to 6 weeks recovery so I will let you know.
On the other points I have had mine for 10 months. The car is a great drive with bags of grip, if I was being critical then I think the suspension is a bit hard for the UK and the tyre noise from the 19" is a bit anoying. You can of course turn up the B&O, also watch out with the leather as it seems to have gone lose on mine and creases very easy. I have reported it to Audi and there seems to be an issue but with no fix, I was told that Audi are going to do a survey into this issue which would suggest I am not the only one to complain.
I still love the way everyone still looks at the car though, the exterior styling and DRL is great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi TapouTx914,

Try Ebay!! although in the UK £165 p&p is £17.50 to the USA, make them an offer, i think i got mine for £140.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Original-Audi-S5-A5-A4-A3-Cabrio-Chrome-Mirror-Caps_W0QQitemZ110281724066QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110281724066&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177
Thankyou but I think you must have linked me to the wrong ones. Those have buy it now for $3 and in the description it doesnt say it fits the a5. By the prices you gave me and google conversions it would cost me $340.66 with shipping which is a lot of money :eek: haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.