Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Im 16 and will soon be getting my own car.
Please dont disregard me, as i am informed very well about cars and such.

I want more than anything in the world a Brilliant Red A5 with S-Line package. (SOOO much better looking than the normal A5 imo)

Although i would obviously LOVE a S5, my parents said Insurence would be way too high on a powerful car like that.

So, as im getting into talks on actually making a move on the car (as ive heard it takes a long time to actually GET your car after ordering), he keeps pushing me towards the 328 XI because it has a "smoother ride" plus its cheeper due to the sales that Audi doesnt seem to want to put on the A5.

Although im starting to expose him to the idea of the A5, after i shared my thought of the S-Line package, he said the suspension would be rough for a new driver.

My sister who convinced my parents to get her the S4, LOVES her car more than anything, but my other sister with the 328xi feels the same way about hers.

So in all honesty, how rough is the drive, and will it be ok for a new driver?

Also, if you have any likes/ dislikes about the S-Line package, please share!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
What part of the world are you located in? Please update your profile to display your location. Knowing where you're located will help other forum members to accurately answer your questions, since specifications on the car can vary from country to country.

Try reading through the following threads that will likely address the questions you have asked.

Stock suspension vs. S-line suspension:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/stock-suspension-vs-4785/index.html?t=4785

A5 vs. A5 S-line:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/audi-a5-vs-866/index.html?t=866

Various photos of the A5 S-line:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/real-life-pics-1154/index.html?p=12817

Also, if you utilize the Search feature, you can likely find answers to any other questions you may have.

·
Registered
337 Posts
A5 with S-Line good for new driver?

No. Forget how the car rides. You should gain experience driving a car with much less power and potential to kill yourself and other road users ! I have a 16 year old who will be learning to drive soon. There is NO WAY I would let him drive my car due to safety conerns.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It will be fine

I'm getting the S5 and I'm 16 too the sport suspension isn't bad. Power is very easy to control you won't have a problem driving it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
There seem to be a lot of youngster's joining this forum lately. Ezwill, Normally I wouldn't approve of a kid getting an A5 for his first car but you seem to be pretty level headed and mature, so I think you'll be able to handle the car ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I wouldn't want A5 without S-Line package. It simply doesn't look good enough to me. I have A5 and S-Line, I also live in Europe, as you can imagine, roads here are different and not so good as in US. I still find the ride with S-Line quite comfortable!

Definitely don't get 328Xi, it is a nice car, but to me it is just another regular car, while A5 is special in terms of looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you ever regreted getting the S-line package? Or not getting it?

Hey guys,
Im 15 and getting my first car soon. My dads open pretty much to anything that isnt ridiculously expensive, and the insurance wont be through the roof. Ive had a couple of cars on my mind, such as the BMW 338xi and the Infiniti G37x coupe (note: not the sport, i can only get 4 wheel drive). But one has always been ahead of the pack, and thats my dreaming for a S5. My sis got a S4, but a guys insurance is much higher, so no S5 for me.:wall::no:
So to get to the point.
Ive been looking at the S-Line package all along to make the A5 seem as much like the S5 as possible. Ive been to Audi dealerships WISHING the had an A5 with S-Line on the floor, but they havent. Until Today.
I sat in it and immediately fell in love. It felt at home, and i wanted to buy it right then. But there were some negatives i noticed, such as the suede stuff rather than all leather seats, and the ride is stiffer because of the tuned suspension.
So my question is, for those with the S-Line package, have you ever regretted it?
And for those without, have you ever looked upon anothers A5 wishing you had the trim and racing seats?
Thanks for reading my unnecessary long post.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys,
Im 15 and getting my first car soon..

What's going on, you posted a similar thread in November 2008 and said you were 16?

Have you decided on a time machine instead of an A5?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
What's going on, you posted a similar thread in November 2008 and said you were 16?

Have you decided on a time machine instead of an A5?
Some good Ford Fiestas around for £200. Ideal for 16 year olds.:thumbsup:

They even did an S version!

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello, I am turning 10 and a half in two weeks and.....

I was trying to decide between the S5, 911 targa, or the ferrari f430. Havent told my parents which one I want yet. which do you guys think?

·
Registered
117 Posts
benben & myfirst:

I needed a good laugh today and you guys provided two! Thank you!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts