Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this has already been addressed here... i'm considering the A5 and the S5... i'd like to have the added performance of the S, but i do make several long drives (7 hours) per year... how does the sport suspension on the S handle a long drive? thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
sorry if this has already been addressed here... i'm considering the A5 and the S5... i'd like to have the added performance of the S, but i do make several long drives (7 hours) per year... how does the sport suspension on the S handle a long drive? thanks!
I just did a 2.5 hour trip with the S5 and it was perfect. This included some rough roads around NYC. Made the trip go by very fast and seats were very comfortable.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I did a 2500mile round trip to New Mexico from Iowa and it is the best performance driving and most comfortable cruising combo I have ever owned bar none.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I regularly drive down to London from Scotland which can take between 5 to 6 hours at a time. I've done the journey 3 times with the S5 and it is brilliant.

I can't compare to an A5 for the same trip as haven't had one to do it in, but one thing about the S5 is the suspension set-up is much better than you expect it to be, not overly hard.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I haven't driven the A5 either, but I bet the S5 will make your 7 hour drive a 5 hour one instead! =)

I made a trip from Northern CA to Southern CA (4 hour drive) and it was extremely comfortable... plus the satellite radio always has something good to listen to.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I haven't driven the A5 either, but I bet the S5 will make your 7 hour drive a 5 hour one instead! =)

I made a trip from Northern CA to Southern CA (4 hour drive) and it was extremely comfortable... plus the satellite radio always has something good to listen to.
That's true, trip from my home in Scotland to Kent (450 miles) usually takes other people about 6.5 - 7 hours going at a decent speed, me with the S5 - 5 hours 40 mins :D including the stop to re-fuel.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
my trip Aberdeen to Edinburgh is just under 2 hours :p

I feel the A5/S5 may have special powers....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I've done London and back which is 6 hours and I felt fine. No different to my previous car which was a Jaguar and you are spoilt for comfort there.

You should be prepared to get mouthache a lot though with the S5. The near constant grin you will have when driving it will take its toll.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i second that Rab!!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i can!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've had several 3-6 hour drives and each has been a pleasure. Never even thought about harshness. Gas use is a factor. See my other posts for more detail.
S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.