Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading all sorts prior to placing order hopefully.

Can anyone confirm changes / dates / rumours as follows:

What new engines are coming?
Is S-Line Coming ? When
Are Y spokes being deleted from options
Are 19 in S5 wheels becoming optional for A3
What's happening about CO2 - Is this being reduced particularly 3.0Tdi?
When is A5 Sportback due?

Any thoughts or other info would be appreciated.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have establised Co2 on 3.0Tdi Q reduced to 172 from week 22. Darkened Glass from Nov and Aux in with Symphony (?275 ) + MMI available with Concert.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
What new engines are coming?
You more or less have the current range for the foreseeable future. There is a V6 supercharged coming for the S5 and longer term possibly a higher rated diesel.

Is S-Line Coming ? When
Nothing suggests it will be.

Are 19 in S5 wheels becoming optional for A3
Dont think so.
When is A5 Sportback due?
2009/10

·
Registered
479 Posts
Have establised Co2 on 3.0Tdi Q reduced to 172 from week 22
That's good news as mine will be a company car. Is that 100%?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
As for engines, I think the line-up with the addition of 2.0 TFSI (two different power outputs, 180 hp and 211 hp) is pretty complete for now - 2.0 TDI may be coming this year (170 hp?) and perhaps some different power-ouput versions of current engines as the range evolves. So 1.8 TFSI, 2.0 TFSI, 2.0 TDI, 2.7 TDI, 3.0 TDI and 3.2 will pretty much be the options, although there has been some questioning what the future holds for 1.8 TFSI which is very close to the lesser power-output version of 2.0 TFSI.

S5 V8 4.2 will eventually be replaced by a V6 3.0 TFSI (kompressor), but that is probably a year or two away. Maybe this engine will also become an option on the A5 with less power output, the top of the line 3.2 FSI will probably not be around forever considering how the turbos evolve.

I think the most important future changes will happen in the power transmission area. Current manual and multitronic will continue for the foreseeable future, with some new additions like 2.7 TDI manual coming, but more importantly tiptronic will be replaced - or at least replaced on some models - by a new 7-speed S tronic (dual-clutch automatic).

It is also possible a rear sports differential will be added to some quattro models, so called "vectoring quattro". These power transmission changes may start trickling down to the model line-up as early as late this year or perhaps starting some time next year the latest... but who knows exactly.

Sure, some small changes to accessories and options will continue from model year to model year in May (and mid-model year change in November), but I think the most important changes pre-any-facelift-a-few-years-down-the-line are the engine options and especially the power transmission changes.

And of course the addition of A5 Sportback and A5 Cabriolet, maybe next-yearish?

P.S. CO2 has been reduced for most if not all A5 engines for model year 2009 (cars built on week 22/2008 and later).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you certain about the 180PS 2.0T. When I ordered mine which is a FWD the only option was the 211PS 2.0T.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CO2 CC TAx

:)
That's good news as mine will be a company car. Is that 100%?

100% I have the Audi print out confirming from Product Marketing dated 12 May.
3.0Tdi Quattro 191 (29% Company Car tax) to 172 Co2 25% CC Tax

2.7 = 179 reduced to 159 (26% to 22%)
3.2Fsi 207 reduced to 199
3.2 FSI Quattro 219 to 213

·
Registered
479 Posts
Good work!
That probably means the tiptronic will be lower than that as it was previously 182 for the tiptronic and 191 for the manual.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tiptronic does not feature on the update. The 2.7 Auto drops so you would hope it would! Do I place that order yet???!!!

TT (08)
RG

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes, go for it!!!!:D
Have you sorted out a discount?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
8%

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Tiptronic does not feature on the update. The 2.7 Auto drops so you would hope it would! Do I place that order yet???!!!

TT (08)
RG
German Audi reported a CO2 drop on the 3.2 tiptronic as well. Don't know if that applies to Britain as is, but so far I think every single engine has dropped CO2... not sure about the 1.8 TFSI though.

The clearly biggest drop being for 3.0 TDI.

Here is the info I have collected elsewhere:

3.2 multitronic 207 -> 199
3.2 quattro manual 219 -> 213
3.2 quattro tiptronic 220 -> 215
2.7 TDI multitronic 179 -> 167
3.0 TDI quattro manual 191 -> 172

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
1.8T seems to be holding steady at CO2 169 coming from 2008 to 2009 model-year, so that is so far the only one that hasn't dropped - again adding to the rumours and speculation that 1.8 TFSI in A5 may be headed for some changes in the future given the 2.0 TFSI 180 hp striking very close with superior everything, including far better CO2 figures. But who knows about these things.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1.8T seems to be holding steady at CO2 169 coming from 2008 to 2009 model-year, so that is so far the only one that hasn't dropped - again adding to the rumours and speculation that 1.8 TFSI in A5 may be headed for some changes in the future given the 2.0 TFSI 180 hp striking very close with superior everything, including far better CO2 figures. But who knows about these things.

Local dealer told me they have cancelled all 1.8 orders. They have only sold 2 as it is underpowered!!:)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Interesting... Did the dealer mean customer orders or just stcok-car orders (that would be sold later on to people who don't want factory order)?

Personally I've test-driven the 1.8T and don't consider it underpowered. It is quite snappy in my opinion if one sets the expectations right of course.

What does make the 1.8T less attractive is of course the superior 2.0T with less CO2/petrol usage and more power/torque. I can see why 1.8T might be headed for some changes.

Rumors for future A5 models seem to suggest at least dropping 1.8T in the future down to 160 hp to better fit in the line-up with 2.0T 180 hp and 211 hp models..

French seem to have dropped 1.8T from their line-up alltogether.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
With the unofficial/official line that the S5 will get a blown V6 in the future, does anybody think that perhaps the early V8 version might become a little sought-after? Perhaps even become a 'collectors car' ? after all, there may only be a thousand or so in the UK by then???

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I guess it depends on how good the V6 is and what happens to fuel prices. I think it has the potential of becoming a classic but will any of us hold on to it that long to find out?

The HP on the V6 is rumoured to be a little less than the V8.

·
Registered
11 Posts
AUDI 2.0TDi

Hi, does anyone out there have any info at all on whether ( and if so when ) it will be possible to order an A5 2.0TDi in the UK? We have been hearing for the last 9 months or more that this is "coming" but we are still waiting !!!! This is extremely frustrating. I am lucky to have a company car - policy is all diesel. I returned an Audi A6 in November last year and have been holding out replacing since then in the hope that a 2.0TDi would be available soon ( driving a temporary BMW 520 in meantime ). 2.7Tdi Co2's are too high for me.

Also I understand Audi prices rising in July. I am considering giving up the wait and settling for a BMW 320d or an Audi A4 2.0Tdi S-line.

Any help / guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.