Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer, Crawley Audi have confirmed today. First A5 production started week 27. All cars that started production week 27,28 and 29 had technical problems with the manual seats, hence the delays to all UK A5 cars!

Audi have now confirmed and the quality check’s on the manual seats will be completed by week 34(next week) – therefore they anticipate the car’s to arrive and to be ready for delivery for the 2nd week of September for cars started production in week 27 in the worst case scenario. 3rd week of September for cars started production week 28 and so on.

My two cars I ordered started week 27 so hopefully I will have 2nd week of September! :)

Also Audi UK are giving £500 compensation to any car that has been delayed as I mention above. Everyone please ensure you get £500 as your delaer might not tell you this? The compensation of £500 per order will be paid to you in the form of a cheque as soon as the claims have been administered.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Good news there from my dealer. My car started production on week 32. It's now already at check point 8 (final checkpoint), and has bypassed all the problems at the factory.

It's lying there at the factory, about to make it's way to the port! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this just UK spec A5 problem?

I ordered my own 20th of May and estimated delivery date was 20th of August. Got message week ago from dealer that I can pick up my car 20th of August. So like originally promised.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My dealer told me my car was due to start in production week 32 as well, but says there is no update yet. They have told me many cars are 3 weeks late, but doesn't know if mine is affected or not. What spec was yours? Were seats manual? Mine is 3.0TDI sport with comfort pack / heated seats / front parking sensors / sunroof etc. Dealer has never given me a specific delivery date - just "September". (I placed my firm order last week June.) how long does it take from docks to getting your hands on it?
Is £500 compensation only if you have been given a confirmed delivery date?
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am in north of UK by the way

·
Registered
254 Posts
My dealer told me it takes roughly 7 days from leaving the factory,to the dealership having it ready for collection.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh, Keith that doesnt sound good. If I follow your info I am looking at October! and I ordered 1st May!! Mines build week 32 (with manual seats). I hope you are wrong otherwise I will be gutted. Rab youve had better luck - auto seats??
fingers crossed...

·
Registered
60 Posts
my dealer tells me has not yet had any customer cars delivered, and I have yet to see one on the road. Has anybody in the UK actually received their car yet?

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I havent found anyone with an A5 (not s5) delivered yet...see "owners club...literally" thread. but my dealer said friday that they were releasing all the a5's from the factory next week so we could or should have a rush of deliveries week after next. god i hope so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was at my local daler yesterday and they have 5 cars ready to deliver. My own was built last week and is already awaiting shipment at the docks for delivery first week Sep.

I guess the quality problems are being sorted on new cars and ones previosuly built are delayed due to rechecks.

Don't forget Audi are limiting production to the UK to 6,000 cars across the next 12 months.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just found this excellent web site, first post.

I've been in the process of looking to change my car (a BMW Coupe) for some months, the obvious choice i.e., the BMW coupe looked very bland and was a non starter but the more I saw the A5 the more it grew on me. Four weeks ago I visited the local Audi dealer looking to order one (fully expecting to wait 8 - 12 weeks) however this was to be my lucky day the showroom had an unsold A5 3.0 TDI quattro Coupe Sport with virtually everything I was looking for (Phantom Black, Sat Nav, Bang & Olufsen sound system, electric heated front seats, 19" Y Alloys, accoustic parking, black leather, advanced key, adaptive lights, cruise, through load, voice control, bluetooth, interior light pack, hill hold assist, folding wing mirrors) the only thing missing was AMI (I've had a Dension system fitted and Tacker Monitor). Pick it up on September 1st also managed to sell my BMW privately for £1500 more than they offered me as trade in.

So it looks as if I was lucky in finding this car and also not to have placed an order earlier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
got mine

hey guys . got my 3.0tdi in black 3 weeks ago. its great with every option on it people love the LED lights , even had photos taken at traffic lights . averaging about 37mpg:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great to see that a few people have actually got their cars. Hey - Adbaker - you say you have all the options on your 3.0TDI. Have you got the sunroof? If so, is it tilt AND SLIDE or just tilt? (See other thread on the forum about sunroof only being tilt). Think we can put this question to bed once we find someone in UK who actually HAS a sunroof.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey guys . got my 3.0tdi in black 3 weeks ago. its great with every option on it people love the LED lights , even had photos taken at traffic lights . averaging about 37mpg:D
praise be. its good to hear. when did you order it by the way (I am may 1st still waiting)- I presume you have the auto seats and have avoided the delay as the probs were (apparently) with the maunal seats only? and, finally, how is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got mine yesterday 3.0TDI meteor grey. Ordered originally with manual seats but got it with electric seats (without memory function) due production problems.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just found this excellent web site, first post.

I've been in the process of looking to change my car (a BMW Coupe) for some months, the obvious choice i.e., the BMW coupe looked very bland and was a non starter but the more I saw the A5 the more it grew on me. Four weeks ago I visited the local Audi dealer looking to order one (fully expecting to wait 8 - 12 weeks) however this was to be my lucky day the showroom had an unsold A5 3.0 TDI quattro Coupe Sport with virtually everything I was looking for (Phantom Black, Sat Nav, Bang & Olufsen sound system, electric heated front seats, 19" Y Alloys, accoustic parking, black leather, advanced key, adaptive lights, cruise, through load, voice control, bluetooth, interior light pack, hill hold assist, folding wing mirrors) the only thing missing was AMI (I've had a Dension system fitted and Tacker Monitor). Pick it up on September 1st also managed to sell my BMW privately for £1500 more than they offered me as trade in.

So it looks as if I was lucky in finding this car and also not to have placed an order earlier.
Exactly, stuff like that will really annoy those that placed an order months ago and are still awaiting delivery.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts