Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took delivery on a silver A5 with S line and Tiptronic on February 18th. A few things have popped up that I am concerned about. The sweetheart drives magnificently, except for these few problems.
On accelerating from a dead stop it is difficult to stay smooth. The shift from 1st to 2nd is jumpy--the revs seem to come on without giving extra accelerator pressure.
The brakes are very touchy. On coming to a stop, it is tough to finish smoothly. The suddenness of the stop makes the car lurch as a new driver might do.
The right side view mirror does not automatically return to a normal position after shifting to drive from reverse.
Small annoyances, but I wonder if there have been any similar difficulties found by my fellow A5_OC members? I'm going to call for service tomorrow morning and also make an appointment to have LoJack installed.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
On accelerating from a dead stop it is difficult to stay smooth. The shift from 1st to 2nd is jumpy--the revs seem to come on without giving extra accelerator pressure.
This seems to affect some and not others. There is large thread in progress at the moment on this board so add your name to it as the information is going back to Audi to investigate.

The right side view mirror does not automatically return to a normal position after shifting to drive from reverse.
IIRC, you have to either turn the engine off (as in parked) or if moving forwards get above a certain speed.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
IIRC, you have to either turn the engine off (as in parked) or if moving forwards get above a certain speed.
My mate messed my mirrors up when he put it into reverse, he didn't realise they change by themselves - anyone know how to set them back up to they way they were from the factory....i.e when in reverse tilt down from normal position.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
My mate messed my mirrors up when he put it into reverse, he didn't realise they change by themselves - anyone know how to set them back up to they way they were from the factory....i.e when in reverse tilt down from normal position.
You have to select your left mirror with the control switch, and each time you select reverse it will go down automatically.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i had those mirrors on my a4 cab and hated them decided not to go with the option, i know you can switch it off but i just didnt like the option... each to there own thou!!! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
This seems to be one of the first reports regarding 1-2 jumpiness on an A5. I thought that other thread was about S5s. I've been confused as to whether this was an S5 only problem, but it appears it may not be.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I also didn't think it was a tiptronic thing on the S5...just an issue with smoothly taking up drive. Then again, I haven't been paying too much attention to what the S5 owners are saying about it, since I figured it didn't affect me. =)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also a new A5 S line Tiptronic owner who has noticed that the shifting is not very smooth (especially when the AT shifts from 1st to 2nd) and was wondering if other A5 Tiptronic owners were experiencing the same thing.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Kyle, welcome to the boards! If you would, please add your location to your profile so we know where you're at. It makes a difference, as cars spec'd for the US and European markets can differ.

·
Registered
231 Posts
thats weird upshifts on autos are usually smooth with the downshiting causing the trouble.

im sure there will be a software update out soon to cure it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rattle on driver side dash near window (also experienced on A6). Easily fixed according to dealer. This is on a right hand drive vehicle, demo (actual one is still on route).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts