Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the day is set, Sanspeed are going to have a good go at sorting the re-map for me on Wednesday - After a good chat with Graham on the phone this morning, i am Quite hopefull that they may be able to do it.... but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too Much :)

What are your guesses going to be then - will they succeed - or will i be returning with the same output i go with ?? (what ever happens, at least i will be returning 1" lower - Cheers Spinner :cool:)

I'm counting the days down now :D

deano

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Good luck mate, looking forward to seeing the results :D. I take it you will be doing before and after Dyno's simular too Spinner? Will interesting to compare them with the Spinners results and the Audi stated figures.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Very interested to see how you get on. Just need to find out of my insurance company is chip friendly!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck mate, looking forward to seeing the results :D. I take it you will be doing before and after Dyno's simular too Spinner? Will interesting to compare them with the Spinners results and the Audi stated figures.
Cheers Rob :cool:

They will be doing the dyno before they start i think, then i just hope it's not the last time the car starts :eek: ;) looking forward to the results for sure.. I have high hopes i will be giving the un-modded S5's a run for their money :rolleyes:

Very interested to see how you get on. Just need to find out of my insurance company is chip friendly!
Ah, Yes, Erm...... I suppose i should find that out aswell...... Mind you, mine isn't cheap as it is, i have it on my fllet insurance and they sting me for it,if they try put it up i'll move the policy....

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
My guess...

The flash will fail, leaving a part map with errors, which the ECU will be unable to read and the car will be rendered immobile and with no way of restoring the factory preset.

Then it'll be on the back of a tow truck to Audi for a brand new ECU at your expense... and these are on back order and not available until November.

...Not that I'm trying to worry you or anything. ;)

:D
You know I'm joking right?

...or am I? :eek:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Never!!!! lol :D
I think in 500 km run, S5 lost too much time on petrol stations..., so 3.0TDI wins, with or without chiptuning !!! :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess...

The flash will fail, leaving a part map with errors, which the ECU will be unable to read and the car will be rendered immobile and with no way of restoring the factory preset.

Then it'll be on the back of a tow truck to Audi for a brand new ECU at your expense... and these are on back order and not available until November.

...Not that I'm trying to worry you or anything. ;)

:D
You know I'm joking right?

...or am I? :eek:
Mixed emotions here for that reply LOL :eek: :mad: :confused: :D :p

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As much as some of you wont like it. The word from both Ed @ APS and Graham @ Sanspeed is to expect remaped TDI's to give the S5's a run for their money.
Oooooo Yeeessss

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
In the immortal words of Supertramp - 'Dreamer. Nothing but a......' ;)

Let's get a Santa Pod day worked out for early '09 and put it to the test!

(Unless any Forumees want to club together and buy Gatwick so we'd have a couple of good-sized runways to let loose on.....)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
in The Immortal Words Of Supertramp - 'dreamer. Nothing But A......' ;)

Let's Get A Santa Pod Day Worked Out For Early '09 And Put It To The Test!
rofl :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
The word from both Ed @ APS and Graham @ Sanspeed is to expect remaped TDI's to give the S5's a run for their money.
My wallet / conscience was almost relieved when Ed could only fit the Milltek - the remap not being ready... but now temptation looms...

Any idea when they're actually ready?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everybody is

all waiting for a tool which will program in the tuned file and correct the checksum for us.

So we can try to correct the checksum in the file before we program the car.

The problem being the EDC17 has a tricore processor with additional checksums which are not in the file that we are programming.
Sanspeed are going to try to do mine on Wednesday without the tool, as nobody seems to have a clue when the tool will be available (I don't wish to seem ignorant, but i presume they mean a Software tool rather than a physical one :eek:)

I'm getting rather nervous about wednesday now.... well i should say excited rather than nervous, i will be taking my laptop to give a constant progress report of the day as it progresses (sad i know) but it will keep me busy i hope, rather than just sitting and twiddling me thumbs............

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I will be taking my laptop to give a constant progress report of the day as it progresses (sad i know) but it will keep me busy i hope, rather than just sitting and twiddling me thumbs............
Looking forward to the first bulletin dbs - how exciting - an o/b from Sanspeed!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Woo Hoo...... Now on my way :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Robb.....

They have now finished putting the springs on, spacers are going on next (15mm all round)... They are extremely busy here and have had several attempts at communicating with the Ecu - No luck yet but the day is long :D

Was going to post more, but some prat left his laptop in the boot while it was up in the Air :eek:

Matt.. Great to meet you, and cheers for the Run out.... BOY is his S5 Spot On, the power and response from his re-map is incredible, for those that get the chance to see it and hear it - it's superb :cool: (Spotlessly clean aswell till he took me out on the wet road LOL)

I'll report back in a bit with the next attempt at Ecu communication :)

Time for another Coffee.....

deano

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.