Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just bought my first Audi this week. Having sold my 2014 BMW 330d Xdrive, at a great price, I had some cash left burning in my pocket. Was originally looking for a Mercedes, but as this stunning A5 Sportback came up for sale at the dealership I work in, I took off for work an hour before, to test this baby before its sold. Stunning design. And its Deep Blue Sea colour is insanely classy. Its a 2010 2,0 tfsi manual. 180 bhp, for now. Having had a 330d Xdrive previolusly and working with Mercedes car, I had grown a taste for power and grip. The A5 2,0 compared had none. It was a very wet day and the tires skidded at high revs with torquesteer. But it had its charm. Unfortunately the interior i so bland fabric, where clearly Kids had sat alot. It was filthy! Came back to work, and was actually pleased with this car. Super potent turbo engine, looks to die for, four door access, massive hatchback boot and a nice interior. Well I obviously bought it the same day. Since then i've been going nuts with buying parts, ordered customwork, researching and dreaming. My girlfriend is going annoyed, listening to me speak about my car, but wont admit it, so you guys will be my fellow Audi-fan-community! My name is Lucas Rosenkrantz, 28 year old marketing-fella' with a Mercedes job, Bmw geek, Audi owner. And I have a huge project coming with all these Bits im Having made, bought and ordered. Will document and write about my progress and installs. Im spending my savings on this baby, so it can roam the streets, looking nothing but a think to behold.

Nice to be here, and your expertise, passion and knowledge has helped me greatly with getting to know more about this amazing machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome - I can relate to you in many levels haha especially when it comes to the boss.

Car is looking gooooood! Can’t wait to see what planned for her !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
You're very welcome here Lucas- from a fellow Deep Sea Blue owner who also couldn't resist from the moment we met & yes, still loving it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! Got big plans for this girl, and most of them are already being shipped now. Including a flat bottom alcantara OEM steering wheel and an Electric beige sports interior.

When they arrive, me and the wizard will check if my Manuel, but heated, seats can be changed to Electric. Has anyone got experience with this? ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,327 Posts
Welcome on board Lucas lovely looking car!! When I changed my manual cloth seats for a set of leather electric seats we found a plug and a socket and the electic seats worked instantly!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds great man!! So lately ive been having a good eye on the interior. Lots of potential, but tired and stained cloth interior is dragging it down vastly. Also mine has the old school DIY telephone holder setup in the dash, which needs out. So went mental and found this interior in beige. Heated, Electric and sport seats. The colour combo will look insane, in a dark blue car. Also had an custom R8 gearknob made (will post link, if anyone is interested), along with a thick alcantara sportswheel and alcantara gear gaitor. Along with LED bulbs for interior lights, oem look rs pedalcovers and the new interior door cards have the facelift Window buttons, which adds chrome to the otherwise black doorcards. Only worries about if the interior is in a dark brown and not black. Will need to retrim my original ones if so ?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So today we got the new Catback exhaust on to the car. Rear diffuser is stuck in Germany at the moment, so it will look a bit strange for about a week. The mechanics werent too happy about the included fittings, but it got on easy enough. The exhaust sound seems to sound better and better, the more I drive it. Sounds good, but not extreme. Next project in the engine room, is the Revo cold air intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont know if anyone is following build, but here goes.. Got the alloy pedals Gittes last night. And so the diffuser arrived today. Its chipped and needs repainting. Quiete annoying, as it was listes as in great condition. But It fits! Tomorrow we're installing the flat bottom steering wheel. Cant wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

Proud new owner of a 2.0TDI 2010 in Deep Sea Blue as well, picked her up on the 12th of Sept.

Lovely car & lovely colour.

Not jealous of the Steering Wheel at all. :)

Nice to see you're having fun making the car your own.

Would show my new toy but I can't upload yet.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice build so far, good choice with the ABT diffuser. I'd like one myself but heard it only fits the SE model rear bumper?

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks both of you and a big congrats on your new A5! Love driving mine. True about the Abt diffuser, only fits the standard bumpers. Looks great, however I am a bit saddened about the tailpipes sitting so far in. But, wide diffuser on a SE bumper, cant have it all ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, since someone is actually following this! Got some new mods done now. My alcantara wheel is installed, along with S5 mirror caps and I just recieved my alcantara gear gaitor and custom R8 gearknob, installed them an hour ago. Looks great, and feels great to shift with!

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think that looks quite nice! And tell me, how much of a difference does a fresh and new steering wheel make to the driving experience? ;)

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, it makes a world of difference! Seriously feels like the car handles better! Obviously a placebo effect, but well worth it. And it feels great.

This weekend will be spent in my parents summerhouse, so will have the time to install the Rs5 grill (obv. without the rs badge) and the splitter. Hope I can get the front bumper off without having to take the front wheels off. My girlfriend dont know im planning that little project there! Haha ?

Next week im hopefully fitting the Vogtland sports suspension, spacers and new winter tires. And if my colleague has time, we're hooking up and installing the beige sports leather interior.

Im nagging about the Grey roof liner and pillars, and really want black. Seen them on ebay for about 350 gbp, but will have to wait for a bit. Still have a decat downpipe and obd tuning as a priority for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gone far! New pics ? and its getting its tuning done this monday. So excited!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts