Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

I'm thinking of sticking some spacers on my lovely new A5 in order to make it look just that little bit more sportier but I was wondering whether you knowledgable guys out there could help me out with a few questions that I have on this mod? ;)

1. Where can I buy them from?
2. How much are they?
3. Will I need to get the car's geometry looked at after fitting them, I don't want uneven wear on my tyres!
4. Will I need to buy new locking wheel nuts or will the std Audi ones still fit?
5. Will I get longer wheel nuts with the spacers?
6. What's the optimum size to go to for a 3.0TDI A5?
7. Do I have to inform insurance company of this mod?

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
1. Where can I buy them from?
www.ecstuning.com www.setuning.com www.parts4euro.com www.bildonmotorsports.com

2. How much are they?
Prices usually differ, depends on company and thickness, you can have a local machine shop mill them up for you as well

3. Will I need to get the car's geometry looked at after fitting them, I don't want uneven wear on my tyres!
Nope no reallignment

4. Will I need to buy new locking wheel nuts or will the std Audi ones still fit?
5. Will I get longer wheel nuts with the spacers?
You will need new lugbolts, stock is 14x1.5x27mm if you go with a 10mm spaceer youll need a bolt thats 14x1.5x37mm just add the thickness of the spacer to the 27mm Yes you will need longer locks

6. What's the optimum size to go to for a 3.0TDI A5?
Not sure about this one, on my s5 id say 15mm would set the rears in prime location, but i never went with spacers i went straight to aftermarket wheels.

7. Do I have to inform insurance company of this mod?
I wouldnt think so, but here in the states we dont have to worry about that stuff.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Also Stock bolts are Ball seat, make sure u get longer ball seat lugs, if you have aftermarket wheels then you'll most likely need cone seat lugs

You can also check other audi forums for your region, u can pick up a set of used spacers for cheap.

Remember you need them drilled for 5x112

You can check out www.vwvortex.com and look in the classifieds but i doubt many people would be willing to ship overseas and it may be costly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What insurance implications are there when fitting spacers? Anyone know? Anyone told their insurers?

·
Registered
134 Posts
so...just want to clarify. If I'm to get the 20mm DR series for my F. I would need to purchase 2 sets of Ball Seat 14x1.5 47mm (total of 10 of these). I still can't seem to make up my mind whether to go 15mm F/ 20mm R or 20mm F/ 25mm R

·
Registered
625 Posts
Wheel Spacers

does Anyone Have A Clearance Problem When Using 15mm Spacers On Front And RearOF AN A5 WITH STANDARD 18" WHEELS AND TIRES.even With Two Girls In The Back Set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.